first year questions...yay comprehensive review!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fungi121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been studying and reviewing a ton of first year material and I have some questions that I just can't figure out. These jump all around from topic to topic...so I guess this is a nice comprehensive review for someone? :p

1) The rectus sheath...does it encapsulate the rectus abdominis/pyramidalis muscle? Or does it just pass over top of them? I know the sheath has an anterior and posterior, so I'm inclined to think its more like of a rectus "bag"...but yeah...I wasn't sure...?

2) Inguinal hernias. These occur through a bulging of intestines THROUGH the actual inguinal canal? That is what my notes say, but the inguinal canal seems so...er...small...I don't see how intestines could actually bulge out of it. Additionally, do these hernias go through both the deep and superficial inguinal rings?

3) Bundle branches = continuations of bundle of his?

4) Does all parasympathetic innervation in the body just come from the cranial and sacral nerves? And do these nerves have ventral and dorsal rami like the thoracic spinal nerves?

5) What is your favorite color? (I like to know a bit about who is helping me out!)

Thanks you guys. I hope I'm posting this in the right place! :X

Members don't see this ad.

4) Does all parasympathetic innervation in the body just come from the cranial and sacral nerves? And do these nerves have ventral and dorsal rami like the thoracic spinal nerves?

I'm a first year by the way but yes. However, above t1 and below l2 there are no lateral horns or white rami communications.

still struggling with most of these...

thanks above poster ^ for helping me with that one though :)