fishing season!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2win

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got inspired by Noyac thread -
so you guys
what do you fish for and where?
I am in the Steelhead mode and the fatty Springers - excellent (maybe...) season ahead.
Big fan of muskie, carp and bass.
Exotic ocean fishing in vacation.
Crabbing - a lot...
Trout - maybe next winter.
I never got a shark bit my buddies did.
Picture to follow - I have to scan them and I am LAZY...
2win

Members don't see this ad.

I'm watching a World's Deadliest Catch marathon right now. That should count for something... :D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Cod opens April 15th Haddock are out right now but the days have been windy and choppy. Flounder soon, striped bass should come up by early May. Bluefish follow those. Herring have been running and mackeral soon. Those and pogies (menhaden) are our big bait fish out here. Meanwhile giant tuna will be on the bank, but you've got to have a big rig to get out that far.

Freshwater angler right now.

Just came back from Japan with some gear to try Japanese reel-less fly fishing; Stoked about doing some backwoods hiking to remote streams.

Also purchased a kayak recently and rigging things up to be a kayak angler as well.

Someday hopefully I'll get to fish saltwater, do some clamming, crabbing and shrimping.

Everytime I hear "shrimping", I think of this......:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhfK98f5S00&feature=related

We get lots of reds and specs and some flounder and sheepshead close to shore in the Gulf. I don't usually go far enough out for tuna or marlin or whatever they have far offshore. You could get tons of shrimp and crab, but that's more of a job than a sport.

When I head to cooler water I prefer fishing streams for trout with a fly.

I'm an inland redneck country boy, so bass (large or smallmouth, rock, hyrbrid, striped), crappie, and catfish mainly. Mostly at nearby lakes, and only after turkey season ends.

Best days are really hot ones - fish early, ski some when it really heats up, then fish again evening.

I haven't been fishing much at all this year (hooray internship), but in med school I would fly fish for striper at night under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

ry%3D400