MS4 Needing some PS Advice and Mentorship for 2012-2013 application season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viciouz

WesternU 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a long time member of the boards and have always found help here on SDN. I appreciate all the posts the residents, attendings, and those interested in Anesthesia put on these boards for everyone to read and enjoy.

Once again, I've come to that point in my life that I need some advice and some guidance in applying for residency this year. Anesthesia is my top choice as I see them being the medicine docs of the surgical world with a lot of hands on technical skills and opportunities for further education after residency.

A lot of people are active on this particular forum and I am seeking the advice of a senior member who has dealt with admissions and guiding MS4's before into Anesthesia residencies. I don't want to ask anyone outright and put them on the spot.

First off though, I have a personal statement that I've written and would like to share it with one of you and get some honest feedback. I'll email it to directly, and other general questions I have, I'll post here. (I remember UTSW doing this for several candidates in the past, but I am not sure if he frequents these boards anymore, *God Bless His Soul*)

Anyone willing to help? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Idiopathic! PM Sent.