1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Flashcards study for FA

Discussion in 'Step I' started by tootheye, Aug 1, 2011.

1. tootheye

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I am revising FA - trying to memorize facts. Has any one been using flash cards for the same. I would appreciate if you can tell me your experiences. Are there any specific set that you would recommend. I googled to get a few free online ones. I am not sure. I want them to be FA only. What made you switch to flash cards instead of FA book. Is it more productive- I mean - makes a recall better instead of a passive FA cramming.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoctaJMa

7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Well if u look at the end of the FA book there is USMLERx where they have flash cards that are only from FA. If you work better with flash cards i would use them. I found that I learn well from flash cards but I cant use ones other people made...i just dont learn from them...i actually have to do my own to get anything out of them. I found this out, of course, after i blew $85 for a month of USMLERx...oh well...I found that questions work the best for me all in all...I tried to make flashcards for all of first aid but I got bored half way through and quit...good luck on deciding what to do!

4. Jack is Back

Gunner Training.

5. Vertices

2+ Year Member

This is the answer.

6. xlr8

xlr8 New Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

#5 xlr8, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  7. tootheye

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Thanks guys for the input. I am making fl cards myself for the things that need memorization and I am weak at. We'll tend to remember those. Atleast by being selective we can save time just before exam. I was trying to look at free FA fl cards.
    Flash cards have their own advantage if it suits us. Doing a random flashcard study tends to stick the detail in mind better! my 2/100.