Flashcards study for FA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tootheye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am revising FA - trying to memorize facts. Has any one been using flash cards for the same. I would appreciate if you can tell me your experiences. Are there any specific set that you would recommend. I googled to get a few free online ones. I am not sure. I want them to be FA only. What made you switch to flash cards instead of FA book. Is it more productive- I mean - makes a recall better instead of a passive FA cramming.

Members don't see this ad.

I am revising FA - trying to memorize facts. Has any one been using flash cards for the same. I would appreciate if you can tell me your experiences. Are there any specific set that you would recommend. I googled to get a few free online ones. I am not sure. I want them to be FA only. What made you switch to flash cards instead of FA book. Is it more productive- I mean - makes a recall better instead of a passive FA cramming.

Well if u look at the end of the FA book there is USMLERx where they have flash cards that are only from FA. If you work better with flash cards i would use them. I found that I learn well from flash cards but I cant use ones other people made...i just dont learn from them...i actually have to do my own to get anything out of them. I found this out, of course, after i blew $85 for a month of USMLERx...oh well...I found that questions work the best for me all in all...I tried to make flashcards for all of first aid but I got bored half way through and quit...good luck on deciding what to do!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for the input. I am making fl cards myself for the things that need memorization and I am weak at. We'll tend to remember those. Atleast by being selective we can save time just before exam. I was trying to look at free FA fl cards.
Flash cards have their own advantage if it suits us. Doing a random flashcard study tends to stick the detail in mind better! my 2/100.