FlexMed 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought humanities and social science invites went out already??

Members don't see this ad.

they're clearly not doing this by major/discipline because there are still 2 more rounds of interviews and some people who are humanities (including myself) just got their statuses changed to screening complete

i wonder when they will send those batches out if everything will be sent out by the 20th….

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they're not going to have all the invites out by the 20th. That was probably their tentative goal date, but at this point, I think it's safe to assume that they are behind schedule. No big deal. Just more waiting for the rest of us.

Did any humanities people hear back? I still haven't heard anything and am humanities

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a long time lurker here, but I received an interview invitation today too!

I'm majoring in biochemistry and Spanish, so I listed my major as Biomedical Sciences.

Also, I'm a first generation college student from a public institution, so this is a huge opportunity for me! I'm so excited! Congrats to everyone else!

Reactions: 4 users
Haven't heard anything~ (Biochem) so I'm assuming it's a no go now.

I haven't heard anything either and applied under biomedical sciences. Oh well.

Got an interview this afternoon, honestly so humbled by this opportunity to even just get a chance! Best of luck to all and thank you all for your advice!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Snagged an invite yesterday afternoon. Biomed major, filed application 1/13. I'm probably gonna stop posting in this thread til July so peace yall. Good luck to all those waiting; if you haven't gotten a rejection letter then there are still IIs left to be had I think.

My thought process is that if you've been "screening complete" & have yet to receive an invitation (is anyone still "at screening"?) then you will probably not receive one. Why would they go back through apps they've already looked at and make new decisions? Nonetheless, congratulations to everyone who received an invitation!! That is beyond amazing! The program is so innovative & top notch. I think I'll still apply regular cycle.

To Those who got interviews, what was your SAT score?

Did anyone hear back who had a score in the 2000-2200 range?

I'm assuming they already know who they're not going to offer an interview to. I wish they'd hurry and send out the rejection letters to put me out of my misery...

Long time lurker here. I got an interview invite on Wednesday afternoon and am extremely humbled, considering I thought I had no chance in hell at even getting an interview. I'm a bioengineering major, so I applied under biomedical sciences. GPA 3.5, SAT 2320, HSGPA 4.0. My app was "screening complete" for a month before I got an interview, so if yours says "screening complete" and you haven't heard anything yet, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Long time lurker here. I got an interview invite on Wednesday afternoon and am extremely humbled, considering I thought I had no chance in hell at even getting an interview. I'm a bioengineering major, so I applied under biomedical sciences. GPA 3.5, SAT 2320, HSGPA 4.0. My app was "screening complete" for a month before I got an interview, so if yours says "screening complete" and you haven't heard anything yet, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hope this helps!

Congratulations. Your stats are super impressive though, especially as a bioengineering major! That's awesome! Thanks for that heads up, though. Good luck!!

Hey guys, long time lurker here...did anyone hear anything after Wednesday or was that the last batch of interviews? Anything next week? Also do they send out rejection letters before June?

Really worried and nervous..this is a dream program!

Yes, does that matter in admissions?
Nope (I hope so), I know someone who applied to the program and matches EXACTLY with your stats and major LOL
I am now thinking whether you are that person haha

Hey guys, long time lurker here...did anyone hear anything after Wednesday or was that the last batch of interviews? Anything next week? Also do they send out rejection letters before June?

Refer to last year's thread

It's tough to say. On last years thread (correct me if I'm wrong) someone received an invite as late as 3/25. This is a different cycle though, so there's no way of knowing for sure when the cut off will be. Last years thread also made the impression that rejections will be sent out for those who do not receive interviews. Again, nothing's for certain.

Wow those numbers are pretty impressive.

Unlike you, I believe that my high school numbers and activities probably held me back. I only had a 2040 SAT score and 3.6 GPA in HS. I didn't do any medically related activities in HS, but in college so far, I have been involved a lot (probably still won't compensate for lack of HS activities, unfortunately). Even my 3.9 GPA in college seems like it doesn't stack up well against the rest of the FlexMed competition.

This application process was a big reality check for me, and makes me even more motivated towards improving myself in all possible aspects.

I didn't even include my high school activities... too many years ago.

Nope (I hope so), I know someone who applied to the program and matches EXACTLY with your stats and major LOL
I am now thinking whether you are that person haha
Where is your friend from?

I received an invite today! Quite humbled. I am a humanities major.

Reactions: 2 users
i called and they said they will be sending last invites/all rejections by the end of this week

Reactions: 2 users
Long time lurker here. Also received an interview invite today. My status said Screening Complete since the beginning of February so I really dont think the status means anything. Good luck to everyone!

Long time lurker here. Also received an interview invite today. My status said Screening Complete since the beginning of February so I really dont think the status means anything. Good luck to everyone!
what was your major??

My status changed to "at screening" yesterday. LOL.

Just preparing myself for that rejection email at this point.

Congratulations to everyone, this is an incredible program and I am happy just knowing that it exists. These are worthy, talented students who I'm sure will be changing the health care sphere for the better. Goodbye and good luck to everyone! :hello:

Reactions: 4 users
Just preparing myself for that rejection email at this point.

Congratulations to everyone, this is an incredible program and I am happy just knowing that it exists. These are worthy, talented students who I'm sure will be changing the health care sphere for the better. Goodbye and good luck to everyone! :hello:

I'm sure we are ALL worthy candidates & I plan on changing health care whether or not I get into one school.

So has anyone actually gotten a rejection letter? Sorry if this has already been asked