Flight MD/RN/PA/EMT Etc. etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue128K

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I posted a similar thread in the allied health forum but I may get a better response here...I was wondering if anyone knew average pay rates/salaries for any types of flight professionals such as Flight Physicians, Flight Nurses, Flight Physician Assistants, and Flight Medics etc. Also if anyone has experience in these areas would you recommend going into the field? Why or why not? Any information that anyone could provide me at all would be of great help....Thanks Alot!

I also checked on Flightweb.com and didn't find much.

Members don't see this ad.

The pay rates vary according to the program and your experience, especially for paramedics and nurses. Most programs fly a nurse/paramedic combo, so you would probably have to get certified/licensed in one of those areas. I just started flying and it is a different, challenging and fantastic field. It is critical care medicine, for the most part, and nothing like "EMS" or being a ground paramedic. You are required to know a lot and be able to do a lot.

I would recommend it, but only after you have ample experience and have some critical care education.

Good luck.