Flinders Uni in Aussieland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr ed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
DOes anyone know anything about Flinders Uni in Adelaide Australia?? I applied there last year and didn't get in - but they told me to go and get some more biochem and they'd consider me again which now I have. I really want to go there and have an interview in their early decision program in May - hope to get a scholarship, but if I dont the US$ goes a long way over there and Adelaide is a cool place to live from what I hear. Looking for tips about their program for the interview - I hear its the best one set up for taking US students and the Americans there have all got through the USMLEs OK. Any ideas folks?? Anyone had experiences with Flinders?

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from Flinders and have discussed this topic at length. If you do a search on this Forum you can find heaps of information on Flinders, Adelaide and Oz in general.

Happy hunting! :D

BTW, taking Biochem is a good idea - despite the fact that the school does not require it, remember that you are expected to KNOW it and LEARN it. Medical school is NOT the time to start from scratch and nearly all those who have failed a year were not science majors and didn't take the full complement of usual American pre-med requirements. Do yourself a favor and take (and pass) the course. The pace will be too fast at Flinders and they won't teach you a lot of basic science - unfortunately you need it for USMLE and despite popular opinion, you use it a lot, especially in the ICU setting.