1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

floral design class

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dreamloverXx, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dreamloverXx

dreamloverXx over the rainbow

Pre-Dental
    does anybody know if the floral design class under plant ecology will count towards the science gpa? thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IcemanDDS

IcemanDDS Dr of Dental Shadowing

Pre-Medical
    How does floral design go under plant ecology? I'm guessing it wont count, but check aadsas.

4. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe

Pre-Dental
    :laugh: :laugh: You got to be kidding. I guess basket weaving should be added to.

5. dreamloverXx

dreamloverXx over the rainbow

Pre-Dental
    i thought it was weird thats why i was asking
    for some reason floral design is under plant science at my school and plant science count towards the science gpa

6. I'mFillingFine

I'mFillingFine Pulptastic

Dental Student
    Hey, don't knock it automatically! My biology advisor let me take "medicinal herbs and plants", a 200-level Plant and Soil Science course, and signed it off as a 200+ level botany. :D :D

Why don't you ask the bio people there?

7. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student
    Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    If it is under science in the curriculum, why wouldn't it count? If it was just art, they would have put it under art, right? What did the course involve? Was there field work? Did you have to know any science behind the plants?

Just call it ornamental horticulture (=floral design). That's science. You have to take a lot into account for this including possibly methods of increased production and insect resistance etc. Horticulture is a science.