Flordia legislative assembly ruling! Scope of practice remains full! Huray!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the email today frm APMA news and i dnt know abt copyright issues so i cant post the whole article but here are is a brief passage:

Scope of Practice Victory for FPMA
When the Florida state legislature concluded its regular legislative session earlier this month, the Florida Podiatric Medical Association (FPMA) achieved a legislative victory by reversing the challenges to its scope of practice, in addition to retaining medical services for podiatric physicians in the Medicaid program against the backdrop of more than $4 billion in spending cuts. APMA is proud of the extraordinary grassroots efforts and commitment demonstrated by the members and staff of FPMA.

The Florida Orthopaedic Society proposed a bill earlier this year that would have changed the podiatric scope of practice by amending the definition of "practice of podiatric medicine" to the area below the knee. Additionally, the bill would have restricted a podiatric physician from performing Achilles tendon repair unless he or she met specific ankle surgery requirements, and would have prohibited a podiatric physician from performing surgery on Pilon fractures or tibial fractures that do not enter the ankle joint.
APMA NEWS,May-29th,2008

This is indeed a very gr8 news for our profession!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome news! That's great to hear for our profession. Thanks for posting