Florida: AS and AN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barnaby

Colorado State PVM 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So my question is (yet again) me-specific, but perhaps others will benefit from it.

So I've contacted U of F regarding animal science and animal nutrition courses- I know that they WILL accept students who have not taken it on the condition that they take it during the summer before enrollment. That suits me fine.

However, I'm wondering how many of you actually were accepted this way?

The thing is, I'm running out of time to squeeze in courses while working full time, and if Florida is the only school I apply to that requires these courses I don't necessarily want to enroll in costly, online courses. Does that make sense? So I either take these online courses and plan to apply to more schools that require them, OR I apply to Florida sans AN and AS in the hopes that they'll look past that.

For the record, Florida is my top choice. I'm OOS for it, and I know I should make every possible effort to ensure that I present a strong app. for them. I guess that's why I'm curious- for how many others out there did Florida actually overlook AS and AN?

As always, thanks! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I went to an undergrad school in FL which did not offer AS and AN, and pretty much everyone who got accepted from my school (UCF) had to take them over the summer before vet school started. They're pretty good about that if your undergrad institution doesn't offer them, though I'm not sure about it otherwise.

I was accepted that way. I went to a private undergrad university in Florida, so I have to take these courses over the summer. First day was today, and there were probably 4-5 more of us in the room from what I could guess. There was even a vet school student in the class. It's pretty common to be accepted without the two animal science courses, and from what the vet school says time and time again, it does not affect your initial acceptance to the program.