Florida DPT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vdg13

Reaction score
Hi I haven't been able to find a good thread yet about Florida dpt programs so I figured I'd start one. I applied in October to 9 schools : U Miami (UM) , FIU, Nova Tampa, Nova Ft. Lauderdale, USF, UCF, FGCU, UNF, and U of South Carolina. I was wondering if anyone had heard back/accepted to these programs/other FL programs and how long did it take you to hear back and what the interview process is like

Update : received interview from FGCU 11/13, UMiami 1/15, FIU 12/8, Nova Tampa (declined)
Acceptances : Nova FT. Lauderdale, FIU, UM
Waitlist : FGCU
Rejections : UCF, USF

Attending: UM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi I haven't been able to find a good thread yet about Florida dpt programs so I figured I'd start one. I applied in October to 9 schools : U Miami (UM) , FIU, Nova Tampa, Nova Ft. Lauderdale, USF, UCF, FGCU, UNF, and U of South Carolina. I was wondering if anyone had heard back/accepted to these programs/other FL programs and how long did it take you to hear back and what the interview process is like
Hey! I applied to fgcu, usf, ucf, fiu, nova ft lauderdale, UM, and st augustine miami. I received interviews for fgcu, ucf, fiu, and UM, and was also accepted to st augustine miami for summer 21. I applied mid july. You can message me if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I applied to fgcu, usf, ucf, fiu, nova ft lauderdale, UM, and st augustine miami. I received interviews for fgcu, ucf, fiu, and UM, and was also accepted to st augustine miami for summer 21. I applied mid july. You can message me if you have any questions!
What are your stats and what kind of questions were you asked at FGCU interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey! so I applied to some of the schools you applied too and I’ve interviewed and heard back from FGCU! :)

hey! so I applied to some of the schools you applied too and I’ve interviewed and heard back from FGCU! :)
How long did it take for your application to be considered complete. I sent over my app and are scores weeks ago and they just said this past week they received my GRE score but my application on my future eagles says they haven't received anything yet

How long did it take for your application to be considered complete. I sent over my app and are scores weeks ago and they just said this past week they received my GRE score but my application on my future eagles says they haven't received anything yet
My eagle account never updated that easy thing is received. They will send you an email when it’s received

Hey! When did you turn in your application? And how did FIU contact you? Was it through email?

Hi just wanted to know if you also received an acceptance from FGCU already and how long did it take to hear back?

Anybody heard from USF? I know they said we would know on or before February 1, 2020. I didn't know if they have or when they will start sending out decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody heard from USF? I know they said we would know on or before February 1, 2020. I didn't know if they have or when they will start sending out decisions.
Usually they start sending out in January but it all just depends!

Any responses from UCF or UF?
I applied to both programs. UF no interview I believe sends out decisions in March. UCF was scheduled to hold there first interview yesterday, I never got an interview invite for Nov. 20th, but I have not seen anyone post about UCF really.

Any responses from UCF or UF?
I ended up getting an interview for ucf for the 20th, but I got into my top choice so I gave up my spot. They had told me previously that you could hear all the way up until the day before the last interview! So you still have a lot of time to hear from them. I didn’t apply to UF so I’m not sure. Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
I ended up getting an interview for ucf for the 20th, but I got into my top choice so I gave up my spot. They had told me previously that you could hear all the way up until the day before the last interview! So you still have a lot of time to hear from them. I didn’t apply to UF so I’m not sure. Best of luck
Congrats on your top choice? When had you originally applied to UCF?

Any responses from FAMU?
I just applied there last week and haven't heard anything even about receiving my application and transcripts and stuff. I'll let you know if I hear anything at all. How long after applying did you hear from them or have you heard from them at all?

I just applied there last week and haven't heard anything even about receiving my application and transcripts and stuff. I'll let you know if I hear anything at all. How long after applying did you hear from them or have you heard from them at all?
Same still no response not even to emails.

Just wanted to put in an update, I was accepted to Nova southern eastern university Ft. Lauderdale!

Update : received interview from FGCU 11/13, UMiami 1/15
Acceptances : Nova FT. Lauderdale
Rejections : none
How did your interview with FGCU go? And if you don't mind what are your stats? I'm currently waiting to see if I will get an interview

How did your interview with FGCU go? And if you don't mind what are your stats? I'm currently waiting to see if I will get an interview
Hi ,the interview with FGCU I think went fine, I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I'm not sure if you heard but it's kinda like a speed dating thing. There's like 6 7-minute interviews with different faculty and then a group interview for like 30 minutes. And my stats are UMiami graduate overall GPA = 3.4, my prerequisite and upper level GPA is about a 3.6, GRE - V 152 and Q - 163 and was involved in some extracurriculars.

OVERALL PTCAS GPA 3.05
PREREQ GPA 3.7-3.85
GRE: 150/153/3.5
Clinical Ob: 450 Outpatient, 25 virtual
Major: Bachelors exercise science FAU
Leadership/volunteer: SGA (social media executive board member), Student health professional's association (secretary), Volunteer notetaker, Student mentor.

Denials: Regis

Interviews: UCF (12/17), CU (12/16)

Acceptances: FL Southern, USA (miami), NOVA

Best of luck everyone!

OVERALL PTCAS GPA 3.05
PREREQ GPA 3.7-3.85
GRE: 150/153/3.5
Clinical Ob: 450 Outpatient, 25 virtual
Major: Bachelors exercise science FAU
Leadership/volunteer: SGA (social media executive board member), Student health professional's association (secretary), Volunteer notetaker, Student mentor.

Denials: Regis

Interviews: UCF (12/17), CU (12/16)

Acceptances: FL Southern, USA (miami), NOVA

Best of luck everyone!
Congrats! How long did it take to hear from
NOVA? I haven’t even gotten an email saying they’ve received my application even though I’ve had everything sent over.

Has anyone interviewed with Gannon (Ruskin)? Just looking for some general insight/advice!!

Hi everyone,

I just got an interview for Florida Southern College and was wondering if anyone had any insights on the interview process?

Last edited:
I just got an interview for Florida International University!! Anyone know what style of interviews they conduct/ have any advice?

I just got an interview for Florida International University!! Anyone know what style of interviews they conduct/ have any advice?
When I interviewed for the early interview it was very laid back. One on one with a faculty member and was asked 5 basic questions then just talked. I think the regular interviews may be different!

Does anyone know if UF or the university of miami are still giving out acceptances?

Does anyone know if UF or the university of miami are still giving out acceptances?
Miami is still conducting interviews. Pretty sure March 1st is when they will finalize acceptances and a an official waitlist (which I'm assuming they will just keep going down till the class if full). And idk about UF

Have not heard from FIU at all, I applied early. Have not heard from UF either and have not seen anyone post about UF in here at all.

Does anyone have any updates? I had an interview with FIU the other week and am still waiting to hear back & haven't heard from UF yet. I know they say they get back to everyone before the end of March, and theres only 4 weeks left in the month so I feel like it has to be any day now D:

Does anyone have any updates? I had an interview with FIU the other week and am still waiting to hear back & haven't heard from UF yet. I know they say they get back to everyone before the end of March, and theres only 4 weeks left in the month so I feel like it has to be any day now D:
Hey! do you mind telling me how your interview with FIU went? What to expect? and just anything you can tell me tbh

Hey! do you mind telling me how your interview with FIU went? What to expect? and just anything you can tell me tbh
Yea! As you probably know it was three 15 minute mini interviews, two being with staff and one being with current student(s). It was a very relaxed interview where most of the questions were "why PT" "tell me about yourself" "what has been your greatest struggle so far" and I think from what I have heard from others who had different interviewers than me also felt the same. So I would say just make sure you have a couple of things prepared for those types of questions and you'll do great! Also, although there isn't a lot of time in the interviews I'm pretty sure they all asked me if I had any questions for them so as usual, definitely have a couple of questions ready. Hope this helps!! & let me know if you have any other questions

Yea! As you probably know it was three 15 minute mini interviews, two being with staff and one being with current student(s). It was a very relaxed interview where most of the questions were "why PT" "tell me about yourself" "what has been your greatest struggle so far" and I think from what I have heard from others who had different interviewers than me also felt the same. So I would say just make sure you have a couple of things prepared for those types of questions and you'll do great! Also, although there isn't a lot of time in the interviews I'm pretty sure they all asked me if I had any questions for them so as usual, definitely have a couple of questions ready. Hope this helps!! & let me know if you have any other questions
Okay great thank you for that! I think my only other question would be if you were interviewed by Dr.Alvarez or Dr. Nunez-Guanaurd?

When I interviewed for the early interview it was very laid back. One on one with a faculty member and was asked 5 basic questions then just talked. I think the regular interviews may be different!
Hey! I am assuming that you now know if you were accepted or not since this was so long ago?