Florida DPT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi I haven't been able to find a good thread yet about Florida dpt programs so I figured I'd start one. I applied in October to 9 schools : U Miami (UM) , FIU, Nova Tampa, Nova Ft. Lauderdale, USF, UCF, FGCU, UNF, and U of South Carolina. I was wondering if anyone had heard back/accepted to these programs/other FL programs and how long did it take you to hear back and what the interview process is like

Update : received interview from FGCU 11/13, UMiami 1/15, FIU 12/8, Nova Tampa (declined)
Acceptances : Nova FT. Lauderdale, FIU, UM
Waitlist : FGCU
Rejections : UCF, USF

Attending: UM
hey, do you remember how fast FIU got back to you about acceptance? It may have been quick considering you did it early

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I am assuming that you now know if you were accepted or not since this was so long ago?
Yes, I found out about 2 weeks after the interview, but will not be attending there. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me! :) best of luck

Reactions: 1 user
I’m assuming it was a no unfortunately. No official rejection but I never heard back for the interview. Thank you though!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, do you remember how fast FIU got back to you about acceptance? It may have been quick considering you did it early
Yes it took a couple of weeks but I also interviewed early on and it wasn't much of an interview he just gave me an intro and I asked a bunch of questions. I would say after that it took me about 2-3 weeks to hear back from them.

any idea of when they began to hear back? I know one person who heard back last week I think via email.
their facebook page has 77 people in it, so I'm guessing the class is almost full?

Anyone hear from UF?
I just heard back this morning and I applied back in late October/early November. I was waitlisted, but I have already committed to MGH IHP so I will be declining the waitlist spot. Hope you all hear back soon!

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UF? I know that their website says they give out decisions between Jan-March, but the month is almost over!

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UF? I know that their website says they give out decisions between Jan-March, but the month is almost over!
I finally heard back last week after reaching out to one of their admission representatives. I did not get in. I am from Florida, applied to many programs here, and did not even get interviews to many of the programs. But I will be moving out of state to go to a great school so looking at the positives now, was not meant to be then! Good luck to you

Does anyone know if the Nova Southeastern- ft. Lauderdale program is full or is there still a chance for those on the waitlist

Has anyone been rejected from FIU yet? I’ve heard nothing :/
Haven’t heard back from FIU at all since applying, I’m just assuming that I didn’t get in because I think their last interview date was some time in March