Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from FIU regarding January 28 interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

University: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.38 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.29 (PTCAS)
GRE: 155V, 166Q, 5.0A

Extra-Curric: Organized first Heart Walk for CHD Research benefiting Children's Heart Foundation, Senior Intern for College Youth Group, Dance Marathon Morale Staff, Best Buddies, Student Honors Organization

Volunteer: 850 hrs over three settings (Outpatient, Inpatient, and Neuro)

Acceptances: UF (12/16--attending)

Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.38 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.29 (PTCAS)
GRE: 155V, 166Q, 5.0A

Extra-Curric: Organized first Heart Walk for CHD Research benefiting Children's Heart Foundation, Senior Intern for College Youth Group, Dance Marathon Morale Staff, Best Buddies, Student Honors Organization

Volunteer: 850 hrs over three settings (Outpatient, Inpatient, and Neuro)

Acceptances: UF (12/16--attending)
Did you apply or interview anywhere else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply or interview anywhere else?
I applied to UF, UCF, USF, FIU, FGCU, Nova (Tampa Hybrid), Adventist Univ of Health Sciences, MUSC, South Alabama, Alabama State, South College, and Harding University. I had an interview scheduled at Adventist, but I have declined it since being accepted at UF.

Just got an email from UNF "Final decisions on interview invitations will go out in early January for an interview on Feb 11th onsite." Goes on to say they have 530 complete applications and will invite the top 160.

Just got an email from UNF "Final decisions on interview invitations will go out in early January for an interview on Feb 11th onsite." Goes on to say they have 530 complete applications and will invite the top 160.

Yeah I received the same email. It stresses me out to know how many applicants they have

Isn't UNF's cohort like 30? That's a lot of interviewees.

Last year for Regis, they had 1500+ applicants, interviewed 288 for 80 spots in their cohort. One of the largest applicant pools I've been a part of.

UCF gets 1000+ and interviews the top 100 for 36 spots.

Reactions: 1 user
UCF gets 1000+ and interviews the top 100 for 36 spots.

Most schools I have interviewed at have had 800-100o applicants. My comment is more about how many they are interviewing for a small number of spots. UCF's seems to be reasonable. 36/100. 30/160 not so much.

Last edited:
Most schools I have interviewed at have had 800-100o applicants. My comment is more about how many they are interviewing for a small number of spots. UCF's seems to be reasonable. 36/100. 30/160 not so much.
Yeah that's crazy!

Just heard back from UCF and I was accepted!! Has anyone else heard back?
Still waiting to hear back from UF!

Members don't see this ad :)
No way! Congrats. I heard back from UF but I'm waiting on UCF.

Yeah it seems their cohort is 30 but they had 32 last year. It does seem to be bit unreasonable.

Congrats. I thought from what they said that they were waiting until after all the interviews for acceptances. Would you be willing to share your stats?

Congrats. I thought from what they said that they were waiting until after all the interviews for acceptances. Would you be willing to share your stats?

Thank you! Yea, I thought the same. Honestly, I was really surprised when they called me because my interview was only last week! But I'm super excited!!!

Here are my stats:

Major: Health Science
Cum GPA: 3.8
Pre-req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 150V, 151Q, 4.0
Extracurricular Activities: Intramural sports, worked at a daycare throughout undergrad, pre-PT club, running club, UF Navigators, Gator Advocates for World Health, and study abroad
Volunteer Hours: 350 (volunteering inpatient, outpatient, peds, and neuro) and 450 interning at a PT clinic

Applied: UF, UCF, NOVA, USF, UM
Acceptances: NOVA and UCF!! :)
Denied: None yet

Anyone hear from UCF?

Declined my spot at UF yesterday. Good luck to everyone.

Has anyone heard anything from USF? I know the website says they start sending out acceptances in February but was curious if they handed out any early acceptances.

Haven't heard from USF yet, but received an interview invite today from UNF.

So excited, just got into UF this morning! They also invite you to visit day 1/27!

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven't heard anything from UF! has anyone heard back from USF?

Has anyone heard from FIU?

I accepted my spot at UF as I still wait to hear back from UCF. It's difficult because UF needed an answer before UCF sends out their decisions.

Haven't posted in a while. This process is so stressful.

UF: Accepted on January 6th! I did not get an invite to the first visit day, but was invited to the next visit day.
UCF: I attended an interview, but did not hear back. I know that some people who interviewed on the same day were already accepted.
UNF: Invited to interview, but declined.
USF: No info. Their web site says 1600 applied and they will send acceptances by February 1.

Haven't posted in a while. This process is so stressful.

UF: Accepted on January 6th! I did not get an invite to the first visit day, but was invited to the next visit day.
UCF: I attended an interview, but did not hear back. I know that some people who interviewed on the same day were already accepted.
UNF: Invited to interview, but declined.
USF: No info. Their web site says 1600 applied and they will send acceptances by February 1.
Did you accept UF? I'm in the same situation.

Did you accept UF? I'm in the same situation.
Yes I did. I couldn't think of a reason not to. There is no deposit and you can change your mind later. The only other school I am seriously considering was UCF. If they accept me, I will have to make a decision at that time. Right now, I feel very fortunate to have been accepted to UF.

Rejection from UNF yesterday via mail. All rejections hurt a bit, but this one was easier to swallow since it wasn't a top choice and I've already been accepted to Nova. Best of luck to everyone who got an interview!

Yes I did. I couldn't think of a reason not to. There is no deposit and you can change your mind later. The only other school I am seriously considering was UCF. If they accept me, I will have to make a decision at that time. Right now, I feel very fortunate to have been accepted to UF.
Yeah we're pretty much in the same boat. I'm only waiting on UCF, denying everywhere else. If I get an acceptance from UCF, I'll be attending there. The only thing that worries me is that UCF said they can see when you accept another school. Which I don't know if that means they may think twice before offering acceptance because you're already accepted into another program. But I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything.

But definitely attend the visit day! I was going into the visit day with UF as a clear number 2 choice and it really changed my mind. It's a great program.

What are your stats?
Major: Sport Management & Business Admin
Cum GPA: 3.5
Pre-req GPA: 3.7 (I took my pre-reqs while working full-time)
GRE: 156V, 151Q, 4.0
Volunteer Hours: 100+ in 4 different settings

Applied: UF, UCF, FIU, Univ of South Carolina
Acceptances: None yet
Interviews: UCF (12/14), FIU (1/28)
Denied: None yet

Does anyone know what the FIU interview process is like? Group interview?

Has anyone been invited for the last UCF interview?