Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email today for first tier waitlist at UCF.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my acceptance email UNF! :):soexcited::clap::roflcopter:.. Now its decision time...

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you deciding between?
FIU and UNF declined Nova already... waiting on UF , FGCU(assume its a decline) and FAMU . I'm good with this choice... Tough enough. Do you have opinions on either? I'm open to feedback or insight on the schools

Reactions: 1 user
FIU and UNF declined Nova already... waiting on UF , FGCU(assume its a decline) and FAMU . I'm good with this choice... Tough enough. Do you have opinions on either? I'm open to feedback or insight on the schools
Why did you decline Nova? I have heard that FIU has a great program, but its really hard to get in. If you live in SFL then I recommend attending FIU. I don't know much about UNF.

Why did you decline Nova? I have heard that FIU has a great program, but its really hard to get in. If you live in SFL then I recommend attending FIU. I don't know much about UNF.
That was easy 1/2 of my decision. Came down to Money. my Gi bill covers public better than private.

I don't know much about FIU. I've heard good things about UNF, know some PTs who graduated from there. I loved UF when I visited, I'd definitely wait to see what happens with UF.

I don't know much about FIU. I've heard good things about UNF, know some PTs who graduated from there. I loved UF when I visited, I'd definitely wait to see what happens with UF.
I did my undergrad there... but i left there 12 years ago. G-ville is totally different now... That place is an industry! Thanks for the feedback.. Judging by the lack of response from them I am assuming they are going to say no...I think they are almost full arent they?? I even went to open house.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who accepted USF received an acceptance packet in the mail yet?

Got accepted into UF and FGCU this past week!!! I'm deciding between UF, UCF, and FGCU. I should have a decision made within the next two weeks. As soon as I fully commit to a school I will let you all know, and hopefully the spots that open up will help a couple of you.

Got accepted into UF and FGCU this past week!!! I'm deciding between UF, UCF, and FGCU. I should have a decision made within the next two weeks. As soon as I fully commit to a school I will let you all know, and hopefully the spots that open up will help a couple of you.
Congrats! Where are you leaning towards?

When did you apply to UF? I know they have rolling admissions, so just trying to get an idea of when I'll be hearing form them. Thanks!

When did you apply to UF? I know they have rolling admissions, so just trying to get an idea of when I'll be hearing form them. Thanks!

@wanderingPT
Actually UF is not listed as having rolling admissions on PTCAS. They do say that they can admit highly qualified students early, ( so not sure timing of application had anything to do with it)but it seems like this year the first wave was admitted mid December, and maybe several waves since then. We did receive an email that said the class was not full when they made the Facebook group. Looking like about 50-60 on there now. So I'm sure there will still be movement for sure and they will go up to April to fill the class. Hope you hear soon!!

@wanderingPT
Actually UF is not listed as having rolling admissions on PTCAS. They do say that they can admit highly qualified students early, ( so not sure timing of application had anything to do with it)but it seems like this year the first wave was admitted mid December, and maybe several waves since then. We did receive an email that said the class was not full when they made the Facebook group. Looking like about 50-60 on there now. So I'm sure there will still be movement for sure and they will go up to April to fill the class. Hope you hear soon!!
Ah ok. I just thought I remembered them saying last year when I applied that it was/is rolling. Regardless, I hope I hear sooner than later because right now I'm committed to Nova and their program starts in May. Congratulations on your acceptances and best of luck making a decision!

Ah ok. I just thought I remembered them saying last year when I applied that it was/is rolling. Regardless, I hope I hear sooner than later because right now I'm committed to Nova and their program starts in May. Congratulations on your acceptances and best of luck making a decision!

You may be right. I was just going by PTCAS. UF Seems to have done some different things this year with the Visit Days, so who knows. Anyway thank you. Same to you. Hope you hear soon. I am definitely going to UF.

I applied in September. I actually e-mailed UF about the status of my application and got my acceptance the next day. I would suggest doing the same if you have not heard anything back.

You may be right. I was just going by PTCAS. UF Seems to have done some different things this year with the Visit Days, so who knows. Anyway thank you. Same to you. Hope you hear soon. I am definitely going to UF.
Why have you chosen to attend UF? Just wondering because I am going to make my final decision soon and UF is at the top of the list. I like getting multiple perspectives.

I applied in September. I actually e-mailed UF about the status of my application and got my acceptance the next day. I would suggest doing the same if you have not heard anything back.
Did you email Amy? I was debating on emailing her but in the email it states to contact her "If you have not received a decision by the first week in April." This waiting game sucksss

Did you email Amy? I was debating on emailing her but in the email it states to contact her "If you have not received a decision by the first week in April." This waiting game sucksss
Yes I did. I believe that my e-mail made the admissions committee take another look at my application, which led to my acceptance. I would suggest doing the same. Worst case scenario they say they haven't made a final decision yet.

Why have you chosen to attend UF? Just wondering because I am going to make my final decision soon and UF is at the top of the list. I like getting multiple perspectives.

The main reasons are the Visit Day sold it to me very well, and I really like the fact of all the health programs and Shands are right there on campus together.

I really liked UF. I'm on the waitlist for UCF and I'll just see what happens. If it doesn't work out with UCF, I'll happily be going to UF.

I really liked UF. I'm on the waitlist for UCF and I'll just see what happens. If it doesn't work out with UCF, I'll happily be going to UF.
How late are you planning to wait before you commit to your school? This waiting game is hard to play with the schools giving us info at different times

Has anyone heard from FIU in the last week or so?

How late are you planning to wait before you commit to your school? This waiting game is hard to play with the schools giving us info at different times
I'm not sure. I was thinking of that today. UCF starts in May so I'm hoping to hear something soon.

I was just accepted to UNF. Does anyone have any reviews (positive or negative)? I have declined Nova and UNE. I do have another acceptance and I am on a few wait lists, so I'm trying to decide! Any input would be helpful!

I was just accepted to UNF. Does anyone have any reviews (positive or negative)? I have declined Nova and UNE. I do have another acceptance and I am on a few wait lists, so I'm trying to decide! Any input would be helpful!
What other schools do you have Acceptances/waitlist?

I recently emailed UF admissions and asked for an update. They said they couldn't provide one and that they hope to release all decisions by March. Not sure if that means the beginning of March or the end...

Reactions: 1 users
Currently deciding between UNF and Nova Tampa. Such a hard choice to make since I live close to Tampa and UNF is great program. Anyone else having a hard time deciding?

Last edited:
Currently deciding between UNF and Nova Tampa. Such a hard choice to make since I live to Tampa and UNF is great program. Anyone else having a hard time deciding?
Is Nova Tampa the hybrid program?

Congrats!!! The two strengths that I know about UNF's program are the commitment to service engagement in the Jacksonville community and the support/family feel of the program. I think they are one of the most service-oriented programs in the state as far as it goes for interacting with their community.

I recently emailed UF admissions and asked for an update. They said they couldn't provide one and that they hope to release all decisions by March. Not sure if that means the beginning of March or the end...
When they e-mailed me back about the same thing, they said they should have all decisions sent by mid-March.

Congrats!!! The two strengths that I know about UNF's program are the commitment to service engagement in the Jacksonville community and the support/family feel of the program. I think they are one of the most service-oriented programs in the state as far as it goes for interacting with their community.

Thanks! That is good to hear. It definitely felt that way at the interview

I am fully committed to the University of Florida! I just e-mailed UCF, Nova, and FGCU that I will not be attending their institutions. Hopefully this helps some of you. Good luck!!!

What are the pros of the hybrid? I've heard good things about UNF like what @FL9513 said.

From talking to people who've attended the hybrid program, it is optimal for people who need flexibility in their schedules. One therapist attended because her husband was in the military and they moved from place to place. Another therapist worked full time as a student.

I am fully committed to the University of Florida! I just e-mailed UCF, Nova, and FGCU that I will not be attending their institutions. Hopefully this helps some of you. Good luck!!!
Congrats! UF has such a great program!

Reactions: 1 users
Just gave up the greatly desired UNF spot. Godspeed to who gets it. It was fun playing. Still waiting on 3 but my FIU decision is firm. I am so excited!

Got the call from UCF today and accepted!

Reactions: 9 users
Got the call from UCF today and accepted!
I dont know if you declined UF yet but I think this is becoming musical DPT spots... They just offered me admission . LOL