Florida Licensing exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charliem

Reaction score
Hello everyone, can anybody tell me how to prepare for the Florida optometry licensing exam? I'm not finding much of anything online. Much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Florida requires you to pass NBEO parts 2&3 within 3 years of applying for licensure. You must also pass certain areas of part 3 with a 75 or higher (NBEO pass is 70) Its a bitch! I've been a practicing OD for over 25 years and I have to retake the boards just to practice in FL. I received notice yesterday that I did not pass April's Part 2, so I now have to retake it in Dec. NBEO is restructuring its Part 3 format and won't be open until sometime in Aug 2022. The FL law test is open-book. I hope this helps!

Florida requires you to pass NBEO parts 2&3 within 3 years of applying for licensure. You must also pass certain areas of part 3 with a 75 or higher (NBEO pass is 70) Its a bitch! I've been a practicing OD for over 25 years and I have to retake the boards just to practice in FL. I received notice yesterday that I did not pass April's Part 2, so I now have to retake it in Dec. NBEO is restructuring its Part 3 format and won't be open until sometime in Aug 2022. The FL law test is open-book. I hope this helps!
hello - so part 1 isn't needed then as i passed 20+ yrs back? just parts 2 and 3....what materials do you recommend to prep with?