Florida MPJE Emergency CII Question

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by PharmaCyclist, Aug 7, 2015.

1. PharmaCyclist

Pharmacist
    Hello all, I'm currently studying for the Florida MPJE (Exam tomorrow), and I have a question regarding the filling of an emergency CII prescription order. Namely, the federal law according to the pharmacists manual requires the prescriber to provide a written hardcopy prescription to the dispensing pharmacist within 7 days of issuing the emergency CII order, but the Florida statute says nothing about requiring a written order in Florida Statute 893.04: "A prescription for a controlled substance listed in Schedule II may be dispensed only upon a written prescription of a practitioner, except that in an emergency situation, as defined by regulation of the Department of Health, such controlled substance may be dispensed upon oral prescription but is limited to a 72-hour supply. A prescription for a controlled substance listed in Schedule II may not be refilled."

I assume Federal law prevails because it is, in effect, more strict and thus a hard copy is required within the 7 day timeframe in Florida. It just bothers me that Florida fails to mention anything about requiring a hardcopy, I think. Please share your input. Thanks!

2. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
    Staff Member Administrator Pharmacist Verified Expert 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yes, the federal law prevails.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sah29

Pharmacy Student
    Pharmacyclist,what are best books for FL MPJE.
    Thanks.

4. Pharmerx15

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    k

#4 Pharmerx15, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  5. Pharmacypill

6. Pharmacypill

Hi I take the pharmacy law exam in two weeks, please please forward Dr Seamon law notes. I will be very grateful thank you. [email protected]

7. Pharmacist369

Pharmacist
    Hey do you still have the MPJE materials or know where i can get them? Can you please email me what you have at [email protected]