Florida MPJE questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmail

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering if you could help me out.
I am an out of stater and feel confused with a couple of things:

1) can a doctor prescribe a C3-5 via fax?
2) Can NP/PA/Mid level practitioners prescribe C2-C5?
3) Is marijuana still class 1 narcotic?
4) Is marijuana legalized for use, like in California, Nevada, Arizona
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I was wondering if you could help me out.
I am an out of stater and feel confused with a couple of things:

1) can a doctor prescribe a C3-5 via fax?
2) Can NP/PA/Mid level practitioners prescribe C2-C5?
3) Is marijuana still class 1 narcotic?
4) Is marijuana legalized for use, like in California, Nevada, Arizona
Thank you
Florida mirrors federal law very closely when it comes to CS and adds a few things to it.
1) yes. C3 to C5 can come in in every way a regular script can come in, fax, phone, written, escript, transfer
2) Yes as far as they have a DEA number that permits them to do so. I never got a C2 from anyone other than a doctor but I don't see why not.
3 and 4) marijuana is C1, legal for medicinal purpose only in Florida.

thank you so much!
You are awesome!
So if a pt comes in with an rx for marijuana to a retail pharmacy, will a retail Rph be able to dispense it? (lets say the rx says: marijuana is for seizures) In theory it should be ok, in practice, marijuana is class 1, so technically there are no class 1 drugs for sale in retail (since there is no mdical use for them)
I guess I am confused on that...

Members don't see this ad :)
No. Not legal for a pharmacy to carry a C1 to begin with. Only research labs. You can only conduct whatever your DEA license allows you to do

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
thank you so much!
You are awesome!
So if a pt comes in with an rx for marijuana to a retail pharmacy, will a retail Rph be able to dispense it? (lets say the rx says: marijuana is for seizures) In theory it should be ok, in practice, marijuana is class 1, so technically there are no class 1 drugs for sale in retail (since there is no mdical use for them)
I guess I am confused on that...
I don't know of a single retail pharmacy in the country that would carry MJ - (pretty sure the DEA would have a significant issue with that - as would any bank that the pharmacy uses - assuming they conduct business that crosses state lines)

who do you work for? a remote order verification company?

Last edited by a moderator: