General Admissions & OTCAS Florida OT Schools & GRE/Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know how many seats total they are offering?
I can't remember if she said 50 or 51 but it is somewhere around there

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from FGCU's OT program recently. I tried calling Wanda, but she is out of the office until March 21st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys does anyone know if FIU gives merit scholarships? Has anyone gotten any yet?

Hi guys does anyone know if FIU gives merit scholarships? Has anyone gotten any yet?

They give merit scholarships to undergrads. For OT, you have to apply with their general application online (https://fiu.academicworks.com/) during the summer and before starting in the fall. They may still give merit scholarships for OT, but it may be wayyy more competitive and difficult.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone attending FIU starting Fall '17? We should start a Facebook group.

Is anyone attending FIU starting Fall '17? We should start a Facebook group.

We should definitely start one! Also, do you guys have any plans or know any good areas for housing? I am not too familiar with Miami, so I am trying to live close to campus.

Any out of state students if so how are you guys going to deal with expenses? Part time job? Loans?

Hey! I am applying for the 2017 Fall/Summer cycle and just wanted to share my stats and get stats from other applicants or current students.

School: FIU
Major: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.68
Pre Req: about 3.6 (depending on the school & courses)
GRE: V 148, Q 152, AW - 3.5
Volunteer: 175hrs OT Peds
Extra Curr: Internship/Camp Counselor at Peds Rehab Center, Research Assistant under Clinical Psych Lab, Therapy Student Org, Psych Club (PASS)

Applied: FIU, Howard
Accepted: FIU

I was really interested in the MOT program at Nova as well but I decided to hold off applying because I do not have volunteer hours in two different settings and missed the app deadline :(.

Hi! Did you interview with FIU? When did you hear back form them?

I also got into FIU and am most likely attending their program! Got the letter a week ago, a bit late I guess. Lookin forward to meeting anyone else following through with FIU!

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone have to interview for FIU????? IF so how is it like?