Quantcast

Florida pharmacy tech license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chem1033

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Will i be able to use my Florida pharmacy technician license to work in Atlanta? I was thinking about taking the exam just before school starts in august.

Tinkerbell22

Reaction score
Will i be able to use my Florida pharmacy technician license to work in Atlanta? I was thinking about taking the exam just before school starts in august.

The CphT is a national exam I believe... but depending on where you work now you might be able to transfer to a store up there without the certification at all.

I was hired at Publix, and just took my drug test and got my orientation info yesterday. If I'm accepted to Mercer I'm probably going to try and transfer to a Publix in Atlanta (I was so shocked to find out they have a BUNCH up there... I always thought it was a Florida store since it was founded in Lakeland).

Anyway... hope that helps!

chem1033

Reaction score
The CphT is a national exam I believe... but depending on where you work now you might be able to transfer to a store up there without the certification at all.

I was hired at Publix, and just took my drug test and got my orientation info yesterday. If I'm accepted to Mercer I'm probably going to try and transfer to a Publix in Atlanta (I was so shocked to find out they have a BUNCH up there... I always thought it was a Florida store since it was founded in Lakeland).

Anyway... hope that helps!
Thanks a lot i appreciate.

Zekecb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your CPhT certificate is national, but I'm pretty sure you will still need a license from Georgia to practice in that state. I looked on the Georgia Board of Pharmacy website, and it says they honor out-of-state licenses for pharmacists. All you have to do is submit an application and fee. I couldn't find anything about technicians, so I doubt your Florida license will be valid in Georgia.