Florida pharmacy tech license

Started by chem1033
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chem1033

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will i be able to use my Florida pharmacy technician license to work in Atlanta? I was thinking about taking the exam just before school starts in august.
 
Will i be able to use my Florida pharmacy technician license to work in Atlanta? I was thinking about taking the exam just before school starts in august.

The CphT is a national exam I believe... but depending on where you work now you might be able to transfer to a store up there without the certification at all.

I was hired at Publix, and just took my drug test and got my orientation info yesterday. If I'm accepted to Mercer I'm probably going to try and transfer to a Publix in Atlanta (I was so shocked to find out they have a BUNCH up there... I always thought it was a Florida store since it was founded in Lakeland).

Anyway... hope that helps!
 
The CphT is a national exam I believe... but depending on where you work now you might be able to transfer to a store up there without the certification at all.

I was hired at Publix, and just took my drug test and got my orientation info yesterday. If I'm accepted to Mercer I'm probably going to try and transfer to a Publix in Atlanta (I was so shocked to find out they have a BUNCH up there... I always thought it was a Florida store since it was founded in Lakeland).

Anyway... hope that helps!
Thanks a lot i appreciate.
 
Your CPhT certificate is national, but I'm pretty sure you will still need a license from Georgia to practice in that state. I looked on the Georgia Board of Pharmacy website, and it says they honor out-of-state licenses for pharmacists. All you have to do is submit an application and fee. I couldn't find anything about technicians, so I doubt your Florida license will be valid in Georgia.