Florida schools - interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yrodri15 said:
Hurricane95 is leaning towards UM (we've been friends for ~16 years, so that entitles me to speak on his behalf lol jk Hurricane). Yea Location / Happiness is a big factor for me, and "Board scores" this and that are irrelevant to me, since i will successful regardless of where I go.

"As a teen, Chuck Norris had sex with every nun in a convent tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. Nine months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in professional football history."
Do you know what UM's avg. board score is? Not that this is any indication of the quality of education, I'm just curious.

Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with more than 20,000 women in his lifetime. Chuck Norris calls this "a slow Tuesday."

Members don't see this ad.

At any rate, even if Board Scores and Residency Match were relevant, any one who's seen the recent Miami list would have to agree that it was OUTSTANDINGLY FABULOUS. There were a lot of people getting into very competitive residencies. I think its a good choice school and am very very impressed with all that I've seen of it when Dr. Hinkley presents on the school at these forums.

I definetly think that Miami is a great school. The clinical experience alone is a great benefit.

Hey fellow floridians, I need your help. I am going to Europe this summer on an organized trip, and if I get 8 people to go on the trip I will be able to go for free! As I am low on funds, I could really use the free trip :) Its a great trip, with everything planned and taken care of. Its 18 days, starting in London, then to France, Switzerland, Italy, and Greece. Its geared toward 18-30 If you want to go, or know of anyone who wants to go, please PM me. I appreciate it...also, what do you think about my signature? Is it succinct yet informative? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMike24 said:
I definetly think that Miami is a great school. The clinical experience alone is a great benefit.

I agree and although Shands is a good hospital, there is no way someone can train in Gainesville like they can in Miami, where the hospitals are just as good if not better and there is a large, diverse population in an urban area- I just don't think UF can offer the same experience as UM can

DrMike24 said:

Hey fellow floridians, I need your help. I am going to Europe this summer on an organized trip, and if I get 8 people to go on the trip I will be able to go for free! As I am low on funds, I could really use the free trip :) Its a great trip, with everything planned and taken care of. Its 18 days, starting in London, then to France, Switzerland, Italy, and Greece. Its geared toward 18-30 If you want to go, or know of anyone who wants to go, please PM me. I appreciate it...also, what do you think about my signature? Is it succinct yet informative? Thanks!

Hey don't know if I'll be able to help on the Europe thing, but was just curious as to where you are leaning towards in terms of going to medical school?????? Or are you still super unsure at this point.

gujuDoc said:
Hey don't know if I'll be able to help on the Europe thing, but was just curious as to where you are leaning towards in terms of going to medical school?????? Or are you still super unsure at this point.

At this point I am leaning toward USF, unless I get any financial aid (which I'm not thinking will happen). I am still waiting on UF and Emory, but UF tends to be somewhat unfriendly and turns me off, so we'll see.

I heard or read somewhere that aamc or whoever the governing body is releases to the schools what schools you have been accepted to, and thats when the financial aid starts coming... is that true?

NikkiFSU said:
I agree and although Shands is a good hospital, there is no way someone can train in Gainesville like they can in Miami, where the hospitals are just as good if not better and there is a large, diverse population in an urban area- I just don't think UF can offer the same experience as UM can

Don't forget Shands Jacksonville.... It offers the urban experiences while Gainesville has the academic/tertiary care experience as well as a strong referal base from all of the central and north FL. UF's clinical experiences are top-notch.... as a medicine intern now, I've really appreciated how comprehensive an education I received at UF in regards to both didactics and the clinical arena. I have no doubts that UM will offer you a good education, but don't kid yourself into thinking for even one moment that you will sacrifice your clinical experience by going to UF.

medgator said:
Don't forget Shands Jacksonville.... It offers the urban experiences while Gainesville has the academic/tertiary care experience as well as a strong referal base from all of the central and north FL. UF's clinical experiences are top-notch.... as a medicine intern now, I've really appreciated how comprehensive an education I received at UF in regards to both didactics and the clinical arena. I have no doubts that UM will offer you a good education, but don't kid yourself into thinking for even one moment that you will sacrifice your clinical experience by going to UF.

I don't think the clinical education at any of the 3 major Fl med schools, or even FSU for that matter, would be bad. But I don't think I'd like UF if I went there, because I don't like the set up of the curriculum and the overall atmosphere of Gainesville. But I agree with you that either of the choices would be great as shown by past residency match lists and board score averages.

DrMike24 said:
At this point I am leaning toward USF, unless I get any financial aid (which I'm not thinking will happen). I am still waiting on UF and Emory, but UF tends to be somewhat unfriendly and turns me off, so we'll see.

I heard or read somewhere that aamc or whoever the governing body is releases to the schools what schools you have been accepted to, and thats when the financial aid starts coming... is that true?

I'm not sure on the answer to that question, but if any of you know the answer to the above quoted please feel free to answer. I do know that they tell other schools where you've been accepted at some point, but I don't know how it affects financial aid. I would assume that it does not always affect financial aid because many schools like UMiami give financial aid offers through the form of scholarships early on to very very very exceptional candidates without even applying for the scholarship, while others give scholarships if you apply through whatever forms they have you fill out. At any rate, I think it is both case dependent, and dependent on the particular school, but if anyone else has a response to this, they should feel free to answer this because I don't know the full answer to it.

Hey guys, I wish I could use a smily face in this post but I have just been put in the Hold category at FSU. I wanted to ask those of you who might have an idea.....What does this mean? What are my chances of getting pulled off the hold list eventually? Do they tell you your ranking if you give them a phone call. Please do not feel as if you have the responsibility to make me feel better. I just want the plain truth about how the Hold list works at FSU.

Hoping for the best...

Zepp

Hey Zepp,
I was also put on hold at FSU :( I'm not sure if this is totally correct, but from my understanding FSU will continue to interview until March, and after they finish interviews they will create a Ranked list from their Hold category and inform those individuals where they are on that list sometime in March/April? Then, I guess, after the May 15th deadline they will start pulling people off of their ranked list. Unfortunately, I do not like the idea because they start school May 30th and this would give us little time to actually find a place to live, move, etc. Now, I am not sure if this is the whole story, but this is what I have heard, so if anyone else has anymore information PLEASE share with us!!!!!! :D

I've never heard of FSU's "hold" list, is it the same as the "waiting list?" I'm not positive on this, but I remember seeing the "May 15th" deadline being earlier for FSU since they are the only school that starts earlier. I think they require their students to inform them/give deposit sometime in April. I swear I saw this somewhere, maybe their website...so you may hear something earlier then 2 days before schools starts! :) I just mailed in my letter withdrawing my acceptance from FSU, so if the hold list is the same as the waitlist, and you are at the top of the list, you may get accepted in the near future. Good Luck! Sorry I don't have any info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey peeps,

Sorry I've been away for a while....it's been a busy last semester....no wait, it hasn't...wow, this has actually been the best semester so far. I mean I actually have free time for once, what a concept. I have so much free time...i feel dirty and guilty for slacking off so much. mwahaha its great.

Anyway, yeah for me, Umiami it is. I'm coming to Miami! Wait, I'm already here, so I guess it means Im staying then. Don't get me wrong, UF is a great school, but I just see myself being a lot happier here. Happiness and location are my #1 factors, because Im going to study my ass off for the boards regardless of where I go. The pricetag is almost the same at both places too.
UF's tuition is cheaper, but I would add living expenses in there. Here, I live at home for a very affordable $0.00 yearly. So they both balance at about $30k yearly. And miami does offer very generous scholarships, as I found out yesterday :D which, um, can help shift the balance of decision. I can't wait, it's gonna be fun.

We should compile a master list of who's coming to what school for class of 2010. Here, I'll start.

University of Miami:
Hurricane95
yrodri
RunnerMD

By the way Runner, what campus have you decided to attend?

Hurricane95 said:
Hey peeps,

Sorry I've been away for a while....it's been a busy last semester....no wait, it hasn't...wow, this has actually been the best semester so far. I mean I actually have free time for once, what a concept. I have so much free time...i feel dirty and guilty for slacking off so much. mwahaha its great.

Anyway, yeah for me, Umiami it is. I'm coming to Miami! Wait, I'm already here, so I guess it means Im staying then. Don't get me wrong, UF is a great school, but I just see myself being a lot happier here. Happiness and location are my #1 factors, because Im going to study my ass off for the boards regardless of where I go. The pricetag is almost the same at both places too.
UF's tuition is cheaper, but I would add living expenses in there. Here, I live at home for a very affordable $0.00 yearly. So they both balance at about $30k yearly. And miami does offer very generous scholarships, as I found out yesterday :D which, um, can help shift the balance of decision. I can't wait, it's gonna be fun.

We should compile a master list of who's coming to what school for class of 2010. Here, I'll start.

University of Miami:
Hurricane95
yrodri
RunnerMD

CONGRATS on the scholarship. Don't forget if you make your list, to distinguish between who's going to the Boca campus and who's going to the Miami campus. :laugh: :laugh:

Frany,

A couple years ago, one of my friends now in Arsenic's class at Miami, told me that she was put on hold there but that they did that to a lot of applicants and then took them off the ranked list after they finished interviewing in a similar manner to the way in which things at UF work, so that they can compare against a greater number of interviewees. She ended up getting in at FSU as well, and she interviewed there in early spring. So hold your hope.

Totally off topic to your question, but I think FSU is going to go far in the next few years because they got a new Dean who's started a lot of drastic changes and who's had experience up at Mercer for over 10 years at their med school. I foresee a lot of good things in FSU's future as a medical school.

Hurricane95 said:
Hey peeps,
University of Miami:
Hurricane95
yrodri
RunnerMD

Boca...but I've been having second thoughts about EVERYTHING in general lately :(

RunnerMD said:
Boca...but I've been having second thoughts about EVERYTHING in general lately :(
Aww, like what? and why?

Zepp and Frany, I'm really sorry to hear about FSU, but as guju said it's definitely not over. Keep putting yourself out there...send update letters, letters of interest or intent (if FSU is your top choice), make sure they know you really want to be a 'Nole. Good luck, guys.

In other news, cinnamon graham crackers are the underrated snack of the year. That is all.

MrBurns10 said:
Aww, like what? and why?

Zepp and Frany, I'm really sorry to hear about FSU, but as guju said it's definitely not over. Keep putting yourself out there...send update letters, letters of interest or intent (if FSU is your top choice), make sure they know you really want to be a 'Nole. Good luck, guys.

In other news, cinnamon graham crackers are the underrated snack of the year. That is all.

I don't know...Lately, I just find myself worrying about everything--impending debt (hello? UM scholarship committe? pleeease help me out here), having to scramble for a match and getting stuck with something I hate (I know I know, I'm totally jumping the gun here), and just pursuing medicine in general. I mean, I've always loved it, don't get me wrong--and I DEFINITELY feel like its my calling, but at the same time there are other academic areas that I feel passionately about. For instance, last night, I was looking at my bookshelf and EVERY ONE of my books was about two other academic disciplines. There was NOTHING medically related except for House of God, which doesn't count b/c its a novel. (By the way--do all of you guys enjoy reading medical jounrals/books just for fun?" I've always felt like I should feel that way, but I just can't seem to get excited about getting a subscription to JAMA.).

I don't think all of this would be bothering me so much, if I thought that most doctors were happy with their profession and the state of health care in America was a little better (I just have these visions of it crumbling right after I finish my residency, and then making 40k/year for the rest of my life and always being in debt--not that I'm in it for the $, but I'd like to feel financially secure).

Anyway, I think I'm just in a negative mood for some reason...and I'm 80% sure that its just cold feet...but its still nagging at the back of my mind.

Ok, the JAMA question...I do research, I HATE reading articles (BORING) so much that I didn't even read an article that I was 2nd author on....3 months later someone told me that I was second author...I seriously hate reading these boring articles on what people found or propose (half of it isn't true anyways).

Secondly, I have had cold feet for about a year, wondering if this is really my calling in life considering I want to have kids and I also have to drag my husband through this financial crisis. (and wouldn't it suck if we only made $40K/year and had to pay back school loans??) But honestly, I think it's really just cold feet, we are about to embark on something we've worked for all through college and here it comes. First we were nervous about the MCAT and applying to med school..."There's no way I'm going to get through the MCAT" and "I guess I'll apply to school to see what happens, but I know no-one is going to accept me"..then we get accepted...so we have to have some sort of negative thoughts running through our mind, first we doubted ourselves and our ability, now we are doubting our decisions. One book that really helped me realize I STILL wanted to go into medicine was "Hot Lights, Cold Steel." It's a resident's reflection throughout his resident years and it was very entertaining. You basically can visulaize yourself in his position, working your butt of everyday, not making enough money, making life-changing decisions for patients in split seconds and yet he doesn't regret any of it. It really helped me get that positive attitude towards going into medicine back. Hope this helps!

Hey guys,

I got invited to interview at Miami. Whoo.

Just joking, I'm actually pretty excited. Burnsie just wanted me to let y'all know so I could "legitimately" post on this thread now :) Actually, it was because I want to be cool like you guys.

Seriously though, all they talk about on the NC thread is med school. BORING. :thumbdown:

I heart Turkish rock.

Congrats!! Good luck at your interview!

5.5 half months after I'm complete, UF calls to grant me an interview. after I had already thought of my withdrawal letter and looked forward to being done with interviews soon...WTF??

Interesting, an interview this late in the cycle, taking into account you have been complete for eons.

I would go, just to keep as many doors open as you can..

If you do decide to go, please refer to my surefire tactic on how to impress your interviewer... with a [clumsy] strip-tease...

"Yea baby, [pelvic gyrations], Yeaaaa I know you want some of this..."

Note: While a late interview makes things much less likely of getting in, that is not always the case. I've had friends who interviewed late and still got acceptances right away. And then I've had friends who got late interviews and got high tier alternate/waitlist positions that they were still guaranteed in as soon as the multiple acceptance people dropped acceptances.

So unless you really don't see yourself going to UF and think it pointless due to already having decided where you are going, I'd go to the interview and see what happens. GOOD LUCK. Let us know what you decided. :D :D

Does this # look familiar to anyone 727 569 1515? I just missed this call and think its a florida area code and now I'm freaking out. :scared:

Not sure about this one...but I think it's a Tampa area code.

727 is the area code for Pinellas County (St. Pete-Clearwater), but I don't know of any schools who are in that area code (USF is in Tampa, which is 813).

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about UF. I know they've put a lot of people on hold until the spring so I think there are still seats available, but I'm not sure if I'd go there over some of the other schools I've been accepted to (I was going to use proper grammar and say "school to which I've been accepted" but it made me sound 40 years old). But I also don't want to assume anything about the school in regards to how much I'd like/dislike it, so I'll probably end up going and try to visit UM around the same time (to submit to WLG's request for a travel buddy). Although doing so would require me to cancel another interview I have scheduled, but I'm not so excited about that other school. Sorry for rambling, it was just very random. Considering nothing about my application has changed since I was complete...it's not like my MCAT score or GPA increased from before (although my numbers are fine for them) or that I saved any beached whales or fed any stray kittens, so how they decided just now to give me an interview is odd. Unless for whatever reason they chose to ignore my Florida resident status because I live in another state despite the fact that I wrote that I'm a dependent, who knows.

In other news, I've replaced mint M&Ms with Cadbury mini-eggs- the ones filled with just chocolate. I highly suggest you all do the same.

Just wanted to say hello to all, I'm an out of stater who just got into Miami. Woo hoo! I am quite excited. However a weird thing happened that might serve as a warning to others, as well as a question if any of you have ever heard of this happening before.

I applied to the Miami campus only, but got accepted to Boca. Apparantly the Miami class is already "full" and they are just putting new acceptees at Boca. Then you can get put on a waiting list (ugh, I hate waiting lists!!) and if people withdraw from Miami campus, you could get switched over.

Weird.

Anyway, I am really happy because I loved UM. Yet now I don't know what to think about the Boca thing. I definitely want to be at the Jackson campus, so it's hard to feel totally happy right now. Has this happened in previous years? It seems early in the year to be "full."

Anyway, that's all - maybe I'll see some of you in the Fall!

Cogratulations, it's tough for OOS at UM. Can you tell me when you interviewed and when and by what means you were notified of UM acceptance. Thanks, best of luck.

cryogen9 said:
Cogratulations, it's tough for OOS at UM. Can you tell me when you interviewed and when and by what means you were notified of UM acceptance. Thanks, best of luck.

hi, I interviewed early January and heard this morning via email. Are you waiting to hear back as well?

MrBurns10 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about UF. I know they've put a lot of people on hold until the spring so I think there are still seats available, but I'm not sure if I'd go there over some of the other schools I've been accepted to (I was going to use proper grammar and say "school to which I've been accepted" but it made me sound 40 years old). But I also don't want to assume anything about the school in regards to how much I'd like/dislike it, so I'll probably end up going and try to visit UM around the same time (to submit to WLG's request for a travel buddy). Although doing so would require me to cancel another interview I have scheduled, but I'm not so excited about that other school. Sorry for rambling, it was just very random. Considering nothing about my application has changed since I was complete...it's not like my MCAT score or GPA increased from before (although my numbers are fine for them) or that I saved any beached whales or fed any stray kittens, so how they decided just now to give me an interview is odd. Unless for whatever reason they chose to ignore my Florida resident status because I live in another state despite the fact that I wrote that I'm a dependent, who knows.

Keep your options open, see if you like the UF environment when you interview here. Maybe they'll throw money at you. :D

foodlover said:
hi, I interviewed early January and heard this morning via email. Are you waiting to hear back as well?
OOS interviewed December and told I'd hear back after break. I finally heard from admissions by e-mail today to announce a new Dean. I guess it's par for the course. Congratulations on your admission, it does present a dilemna.Thanks again.

5th page? Come on guys.....The effect of the acceptances is starting to show. Hey Cayberr, is that you in the picture?

I have been waitlisted at FSU. Does anyone know how things work there? What should I do now to improve my chances. I plan to send a letter of intent and to call regularly (without being annoying) Tell me what else I should do?!

Zepp

nrddct said:
Does this # look familiar to anyone 727 569 1515? I just missed this call and think its a florida area code and now I'm freaking out. :scared:

I believe 727 is an area code for St. Pete, Clearwater, New Port Richey, etc.

In other words, it works for Pinellas and Pasco County. Pasco county is just north of the county which USF is located in, and Pinellas County is west of it on the other side of the coast from where TGH is located.

813 is Tampa, and 351 is Gainesville. I don't know about FSU and Miami's area codes, although I know 3 something is the start of one of the many Miami area codes and 954 is area code for where the DO school Nova is located and 941 for the other DO school, Lecom Bradenton.

Hope that helps.

So last week was crazy for me. I had a horrible week of tests including a sucky Biochem 2 test. And then I flew out for another interview I had last week (which was not sucky :) )...

A week late, but here's my Update:
Zepp and Frany I am in the same boat as you guys. I am on hold at FSU also. Unfortunately, I talked to someone today and I was told that they are putting all OOS interviewees on hold right now. I am not a Florida resident (I am at FSU in undergrad), so I guess that sucks for me. :(
On a good note I was told that A LOT of people come off of their hold list and get accepted. So good luck Zepp and Frany :luck:

Miami's codes are 305/786.

You'll know it's UM med if the number on your caller ID starts with 305-439-xxxx or 305-243-xxxx. Those are the med school #'s. So beware, mwahahaha.

FSU is 850.

gujuDoc said:
I believe 727 is an area code for St. Pete, Clearwater, New Port Richey, etc.

In other words, it works for Pinellas and Pasco County. Pasco county is just north of the county which USF is located in, and Pinellas County is west of it on the other side of the coast from where TGH is located.

813 is Tampa, and 351 is Gainesville. I don't know about FSU and Miami's area codes, although I know 3 something is the start of one of the many Miami area codes and 954 is area code for where the DO school Nova is located and 941 for the other DO school, Lecom Bradenton.

Hope that helps.

352 is gainesville :p

Zeppelin900 said:
5th page? Come on guys.....The effect of the acceptances is starting to show. Hey Cayberr, is that you in the picture?

I have been waitlisted at FSU. Does anyone know how things work there? What should I do now to improve my chances. I plan to send a letter of intent and to call regularly (without being annoying) Tell me what else I should do?!
Zepp

I wish that was me. It's Alessandra Ambrosio, my favorite Victoria's Secret model. Isn't she a hottie?

Like you said, send a letter of intent. Make sure they know you're definitely interested. Maybe send in updated transcripts if you kicked butt.

cayberr said:
Like you said, send a letter of intent. Make sure they know you're definitely interested. Maybe send in updated transcripts if you kicked butt.
No, I didn't kicked butt, I'm getting my ass kicked instead :scared: :smuggrin: . But I'll try to send the letter as soon as possible though. Where are you going next year Cayberr? Just curious. It sounds like you've already been accepted, in which case...Congrats!!!!

I will spend a month in missery waiting for FSU to stop interviewing and start looking at applications 'on hold'. My only consolation is hope for other interviews in Florida and my periodic visits to SDN.

P.S. I wonder what happened to QofQuimica and UnfrozenCaveMan. They haven't posted in a while

Good luck all!!!!!

Then maybe I should send them an updated transcript? I kicked butt in the fall and over the summer. I took a full load for both terms and I raised my GPA by ~.2 points. I guess anything will help....

Zeppy-Zepp we can wait in misery together...I am waiting on FSU and the school I just interviewed with on last Friday...Don't be discouraged Zepp and Frany and anyone else who's waiting. :luck:

Zeppelin900 said:
No, I didn't kicked butt, I'm getting my ass kicked instead :scared: :smuggrin: . But I'll try to send the letter as soon as possible though. Where are you going next year Cayberr? Just curious. It sounds like you've already been accepted, in which case...Congrats!!!!

I will spend a month in missery waiting for FSU to stop interviewing and start looking at applications 'on hold'. My only consolation is hope for other interviews in Florida and my periodic visits to SDN.

P.S. I wonder what happened to QofQuimica and UnfrozenCaveMan. They haven't posted in a while

Good luck all!!!!!
Q is stressed out trying to finish her dissertation sometime in the next month, and unfrozencaveman quit SDN to co-produce the next Girls Gone Wild video. Granted this hasn't been confirmed by her, but it's just gotta be true.

Zepp and Truly, definitely make sure that when they go to review your applications next time they know without a shadow of a doubt that FSU is where you want to be. Send updates, letters of interest/intent, e-mail the dean telling him why FSU is right for you and why you are right for FSU, etc. These things will all help a lot when they decide who to admit. Best of luck to you both.

Just curious, has anyone received any scholarships to FL schools besides UM?

I agree with Mr. Burns. Let them know that you WANT to be at FSU! Anyone who has an upcoming interview...same goes for you...during your interview they'll ask you how you think "this" and "that" in their program fits with you and let them know that it is a perfect fit if you so believe this. Also, let them know what you admire about their school. I did this in all of my interviews and I've gotten accepted to all schools interviewed at and I think this is the reason! I made myself "fit" into every school....I never talked about the ONE thing I didn't like at their school or even ask questions about it, I let them know what I loved about their school! Hope this gives people a little advice!

Zeppelin900 said:

Zepp

Last year we took a student the day orientation started.

thanks to Mr. Burns, MD and McGillian for your advices. I now plan to send a letter of intent explaining among other things how I FSU is the right place for me and how my personality fits there, which, by the way I think it's a perfect match. I'm friendly and outgoing and I would like to make friends in my years in med school. I'm interested in improving myself and those around me rather than compete. At the end of the day, you want to properly treat patients, not set olimpic records. That's why I know I belong there. So, McGillian, I'm comming next year!!!! :smuggrin: So much for being humble! No, serious the red sentence is the only one that's not true in this paragraph. I hope you all good luck and those who are in my same situation at FSU I really hope I have the chance to be there next year and having awesome classmates like Trully ;)

Seeya

Zepp

Oh my! That last post is full of grammatic and spelling error. I applologizze! :laugh:

I know, I forgot the 's' ! Take me away from the computer!!!!!!!!!!

medgator said:
352 is gainesville :p

Oh sorry. I knew it was 35 something or another, but couldn't remember the last digit because it has been sooooooo long since I've known anyone with a Gainesville number. My brother did his undergrad and started doing a masters in engineering there. So he virtually lived there for 5 years, and I used to have the area code there memorized from his days when he had a cell number with Gainesville area code, but its been so long that I only vaguely remembered. I was close though. :p

Thanks for the correction.

Just a suggestion from a previous FSU undergrad...they really like geriatrics and primary care...so even if you aren't interested in these particular fields, you can say "you're focus on primary care will help me to...." Anyways, just a suggestion to incorporate something like this. I know plenty of people who did that during their interviews at FSU and it worked.

gujuDoc said:
Oh sorry. I knew it was 35 something or another, but couldn't remember the last digit because it has been sooooooo long since I've known anyone with a Gainesville number. My brother did his undergrad and started doing a masters in engineering there. So he virtually lived there for 5 years, and I used to have the area code there memorized from his days when he had a cell number with Gainesville area code, but its been so long that I only vaguely remembered. I was close though. :p

Thanks for the correction.
Geez, guju, of all the things to do wrong you go and do this. And then you expect us to forgive you?? Girl, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.