Florida State University College of Medicine Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Midom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many students apply to FSU as early decision? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many students apply to FSU as early decision? Thanks
Idk about FSU in particular, but ED is almost always a bad choice.

Very few because very few have what an ADCOM there would consider a strong compelling reason to. On top of that, applying early means having stats well above the school's average. The acceptance rates to these early programs is rather high, but then again anyone who doesn't get in is pretty much screwed the rest of the cycle so it better be.

Bottom line odds are FSU early probably isn't the move for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very few because very few have what an ADCOM there would consider a strong compelling reason to. On top of that, applying early means having stats well above the school's average. The acceptance rates to these early programs is rather high, but then again anyone who doesn't get in is pretty much screwed the rest of the cycle so it better be.

Bottom line odds are FSU early probably isn't the move for you.

Would you happen to know how many applicants they get (estimate?). Thanks

Would you happen to know how many applicants they get (estimate?). Thanks

There are much better people to ask this than me. If I had to take a complete and random guess maybe 30 people apply for 15-20 spots. Again, it's a complete random guess based off next to nothing. There are people who can give you a better answer.

There are much better people to ask this than me. If I had to take a complete and random guess maybe 30 people apply for 15-20 spots. Again, it's a complete random guess based off next to nothing. There are people who can give you a better answer.
Again, this low number is b/c ED is a bad idea.

Again, this low number is b/c ED is a bad idea.

You need a really specific reason to go ED. At many schools if you express you want to do it they have you meet with someone on admissions to discuss your app, reasons for doing it and how competitive you'll be. They know if you don't get in you are really screwing yourself for the rest of the cycle. And like I said, you really better be well above FSU's average stats.