Flu Shots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DScheveningen

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I was curious about how to give flu shots. Are you supposed to aspirate when you're giving the shot or is aspiration unnecessary? i"m not asking for medical advice, I'm just curious.
 
DScheveningen said:
Hi everyone, I was curious about how to give flu shots. Are you supposed to aspirate when you're giving the shot or is aspiration unnecessary? i"m not asking for medical advice, I'm just curious.
I think the answer you're looking for is that for any IM injection (like the flu vaccine), you're technically supposed to pull back on the syringe to make sure you're not in a blood vessel before you inject.
 
DScheveningen said:
Hi everyone, I was curious about how to give flu shots. Are you supposed to aspirate when you're giving the shot or is aspiration unnecessary? i"m not asking for medical advice, I'm just curious.

😱 Are you selling flu shots on Ebay? :laugh: