Fluids and Solids questions (TBR)

Started by aranza
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aranza

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Example 7.4a (For those with the book)

In calibrating a flow meter, an engineer measures the total pressure drop across a pipe as a function of the gas flow...

I'm really not sure of this question if someone could give me some clues that would be great.

Example 7.7b

While you are stopped at an intersection turn lane, a large truck zooms by, just a few feet from your car. As the truck passes, your car will be:

I think it is A) pulled towards the truck, but the increased wind speed between the truck and the car lowers the pressure there...according to Bernoull's Principle but if someone could give a more indepth explanation

Example 7.10b

My answer is B using the Young's modulus equation

I just wanted to know if my answers are right