Fluoroscopy Permit for California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tchang1983

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My post refers to the fluoroscopy operator and supervisor permit. I'm not sure if thats what you need since your status is 'occupational therapist'

Members don't see this ad :)
My tip for everyone is to use Rayoseducation it seems to be a good site for operators who want to get their fluoro certificate. I used it and passed--

Just took the exam, very straightforward if you read the syllabus published by the RHB of CA.

Just took the exam, very straightforward if you read the syllabus published by the RHB of CA.

Just wondering what the general consensus is regarding how long to study and what resources to use for both the radiography AND fluoroscopy supervisor and operator permits examination. Sounds like most people on here are commenting on just the fluoroscopy portion of the examination. Any difference when studying for both radiography AND fluoroscopy? Is the syllabus still the single best resource for both, even though it only covers about 75% of the (fluoroscopy?) examination. Would reading the syllabus a few times be sufficient to pass? To those who have recently taken the examination for both radiography and fluoroscopy, which sections of the syllabus are particularly high-yield and which sections would you spend less time on? Any other good supplemental resources besides Rayoseducation? Thank you for any feedback.

Just wanted to bump this and see if there is any new advice floating around....

Should I plow through the above syllabus or use rayoseducation?

Thanks!

My tip for everyone is to use Rayoseducation it seems to be a good site for operators who want to get their fluoro certificate. I used it and passed--
This oddly seems like you are a shill for Rayos. Only 2 posts the same day both pumping up Rayos......hmm

Reactions: 1 user
Not thrilled with the lack of interactive learning with ASRT fluoro learning. It is completely dry and cumbersome to read and study by. I have been on Rayo and fluorotest. Given the comments about those two sites, I'm back to re-reading ASRT. They have the market cornered and don't seem to give a cr@p about an interactive learning environment. They got you by the $. Exactly why I won't become a member.

I have to take the fluoroscopy test...been years since I have been out of school...any study material you can recommend...the online preps did not help like fluoroprep.com and fluorotest.com...Thanks

I have to take the fluoroscopy test...been years since I have been out of school...any study material you can recommend...the online preps did not help like fluoroprep.com and fluorotest.com...Thanks
stop double posting

Reactions: 1 user
I'm about to take the exam this week. I was only using fluorotest the whole month and i was feeling confident that I'll pass the exam but when I read the forum and a lot of people are saying fluorotest is garbage oh man it feels like I'm getting into war but no bullets. hehe. We'll i guess i'll just have to take my time and analyze each questions.

ASRT website has sample tests and 5 chapters you can print up and read

was more stressful than the boards since I didn't care for it but reading those and doing the questions were more than adequate