Program-Specific Info / Q's Flying into hybrid program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulotlnl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in applying for an OT masters program in the next 2 years. I will not be able to move to the location, but am instead looking for a hybrid program where some students fly in to attend classes and get fieldwork assignments where they are living. Does anyone do this or have classmates that do? Looking to see at which schools this is doable. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am interested in applying for an OT masters program in the next 2 years. I will not be able to move to the location, but am instead looking for a hybrid program where some students fly in to attend classes and get fieldwork assignments where they are living. Does anyone do this or have classmates that do? Looking to see at which schools this is doable. Thank you :)

From what I know the hybrid programs cannot guarantee a location for Level I and II fieldwork. I know Univ St Aug in Fl has a flex program in St. Aug and possibly at their other branches.

That seems like it would get VERY expensive. Plus, in my hybrid program, we sometimes had obligations on days other than our in-class day. Coordinating fieldwork will also be extremely challenging, and you would likely have to do the majority of the legwork for your Fieldwork Coordinator to find Level I and Level II settings where you live.

Members don't see this ad :)
how can you afford flights but not moving?

Reactions: 1 user
hey! I am actually considering doing this as I am a COTA and need to work while attending grad school. This is the best and only option for me. Moving is not an option as I have other obligations at home. I don't mind paying for flights/air bnb's since the program I am applying to is only 2 years and 6 months of it is fieldwork. At least I will be working in the field while in the program which will be beneficial and also helpful financially lol. The school seems very accommodating about placing fieldwork in my area as well which was a concern of mine.

Flex St. Aug TX student here. Many students fly or drive in to a campus near them and stay with friends or Airbnb. It is very expensive and exauhsting but doable. Fieldwork II May or May not be in your home state. There’s no guarantee for location