For AACOMAS: Average number of volunteer/extracurricular experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdvz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't applied yet, but I was checking out the AACOMAS application recently, and just to see the maximum number of "community service/volunteer/extracurricular" experiences you could list, I typed in "test" and came up with at least 31 possible experiences. What is the usual number of entries people put here? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I haven't applied yet, but I was checking out the AACOMAS application recently, and just to see the maximum number of "community service/volunteer/extracurricular" experiences you could list, I typed in "test" and came up with at least 31 possible experiences. What is the usual number of entries people put here? Thanks.

I put in around 13 entries, including some hobbies of mine.

Real service I have about 8 including shadowing experiences. Don't really need a set amount of experiences, or even hours.. Just show long-term commitment.

2 hours a week over one year is better than 8 hours a week for 3 months.

Thanks! Congrats on your interviews, I have a low GPA too and your app gives me hope :)

It all depends. If you have a guy or girl that volunteered 3 years, 3 hours a week at a community clinic and did 1.5 years of homeless shelter volunteer 2 hours a week, it's better than the kid that volunteered at 6 different activities for just 4 months each for 2 hours. Being consistent is a huge plus. Getting a letter from a place where you were consistent is a bigger plus.