1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

For AACOMAS: Average number of volunteer/extracurricular experiences

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by bdvz, Aug 20, 2011.

1. bdvz

7+ Year Member

Hi, I haven't applied yet, but I was checking out the AACOMAS application recently, and just to see the maximum number of "community service/volunteer/extracurricular" experiences you could list, I typed in "test" and came up with at least 31 possible experiences. What is the usual number of entries people put here? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrWily

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I put in around 13 entries, including some hobbies of mine.

Real service I have about 8 including shadowing experiences. Don't really need a set amount of experiences, or even hours.. Just show long-term commitment.

2 hours a week over one year is better than 8 hours a week for 3 months.

4. bdvz

7+ Year Member

Thanks! Congrats on your interviews, I have a low GPA too and your app gives me hope :)

5. TriagePreMed

TriagePreMed Membership Revoked
    Removed 2+ Year Member

It all depends. If you have a guy or girl that volunteered 3 years, 3 hours a week at a community clinic and did 1.5 years of homeless shelter volunteer 2 hours a week, it's better than the kid that volunteered at 6 different activities for just 4 months each for 2 hours. Being consistent is a huge plus. Getting a letter from a place where you were consistent is a bigger plus.