For all of you who will apply to UCSF next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinker bell

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello class of 2008. I post UCSF secondary questions here, so you guys can work on them in advance. Questions do change from year to year, but not too much. Check with your real secondary when you get them (after you submit your fee you will get the secondary in the mail), then send the secondary in as fast as you could. As the review process takes at least a month or so. Be hurry and you know, early birds always get many worms.

1.How did you arrive at the decision to select dentistry as a profession?

2.Describe any experience volunteer or observational in the dental/ health care field, and explain what you were able to do and for how long as well as how it reinforced your career choice.

3.What impact do you feel your socioeconomic status has had on your plans to pursue a dental education? Please explain.

4.Explain any personal hardships (if any) you have overcome to get to where you are today.

5.If you were employed while attending college how many hours a week were you employed, and what was the nature of your work?

6.List any activities indicative of your independent academic endeavors such as publications or research projects.

7.Have you ever been recognized for any outstanding scholarly achievements, athletic or musical talent, or community service? Please explain.

8.How and in what way have you demonstrated your concern for the less fortunate in your community?

9.Are you proficient in any other language either written or conversational?

10.In an age of managed care, how can the dentist advocate patient care first, over personal or corporate profit? Example.

11.When you become a dentist, how and where do you envision your skills being employed?

12.Please state briefly why you should be selected for admission to UCSF over other applicants with similar qualifications.

The first question is obviously the most important question. Answer it truthfully and carefully (mine was almost 1 page long).
Have fun and hope you guy will be at ucsf next year. If you do, don't forget to say hello to me.

:love: :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad.

and if this is your top choice school make sure you have YOUR whole application completed...they don't look at it until it's completely done :) Trust me, I know first hand... :) I didn't send in my last LOR until a few days before their last interview :) and they told me they won't review until it was completed :)

good luck, UCSF's a great school :)

If u can, hand deliver your stuff of the admin office. I did, but mine application still took like a month over the xmas break. Make sure u complete every thing at least 2 months before xmas. So, you will hear from them before every one goes away for a long break

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank u Tink, you are always so informative and helpful. What would SDN do without you?!

And for God's sake, take DAT before December! Tink, you're awesome!