for all you antagonist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdmsamurai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
seriously

STFU AND GTFO....can you stop saying the DAT has gotten harder?....everything gets harder over the year because there is new break through in technology and now school has to fit more courses/material in a smaller time frame...

and just because you have taken the basic sciences of bio, chem, ochem, and physics doesn't mean crap. thats why they recommend taking upper division biology courses such as : physiology, ecology, genetics, biochemistry, developement, plant, etc....

the basic sciences does NOT cover these items in details and thats why most of you are doing poorly on the DATs...and making everyone think its harder....its not that much harder...darn it

some examples from my kaplan professors and myself
my fraternity friend just scored a 21 and he studied only 1 month...he partied almost everyday before buckling down and studying

and old foggie who had a midcareer crisis....took the DAT a few weeks back and scored a 21 also

my other friend scored a 22....

so whats all the fuss about...i thought we left these child games at home...i know everything has competition, but this is bad competition trying to bring down your fellow peers, so that they will fail and you succeed...you're selfish and deserve not to make it in life...so really GTFO and STFU

Members don't see this ad.

a good point has been made here...the exam is difficult, and the reason scores tend to be lower during the year is because people try to balance the DAT along with their other courses or try to take the exam prior to taking core classes such as Orgo or Bio II, which is not practical.

if the exam has indeed gotten harder, it is only because the average applicant pool has become more competitive, in which case everyone needs to stop complaining and whining and instead buckle down and study.

i don't mean to be rude, really i don't...i can sympathize, since the exam really is a pain to study for. however, complaining about its difficulty isn't going to make it any easier, and for those people who have taken it and are trying to make people who are taking it now feel intimidated by its "new difficulty," that is a horrible thing to do.

btw, i already took the exam, but my intent here on sdn is not to make anyone feel intimidated or incapable of performing on the exam, since i myself seeked a lot of support on these forums when I was studying for the DAT.

STUDY AND YOU WILL DO WELL. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH "HARDER" THE EXAM HAS GOTTEN.

that is all. gluck to all of you!

Yea, who cares if it has gotten harder, just study and give it your all and you wont be disappointed. Even if for some reason you dont do well (like in my case) Then, dont be down on your self just study the stuff you didn't know and add to your wealth of knowledge that you already learned when studied for the first time.

Yea, maybe this test is getting harder, but think about all the tests you are going to take in d-school! This is just a tip of the ice-berg!