For anyone who hasn't heard back from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well... I just called someone from NYU since I haven't heard from them in a while. I got a letter about 2 months ago stating that my application was "now under review by the Admissions Committee". So I thought my application was complete. BOY WAS I WRONG. After talking with someone in admissions, the person told me that they only got 1 out of 5 of my LORS (should have been sent 4 months ago) :eek: She also told me that it was the responsibility of the applicant to make sure that everything is complete (despite my letter from NYU stating that it was). :rolleyes:

So I've been sitting on my arse for 2 months and they haven't been doing ANYTHING with my application. This is GREAT. I had AADSAS resend my LORS once already. Looks like they'll be getting another request from me today. If you haven't heard from NYU in a while, you might want to give them a call. This is turning out to be a VERY AGGRAVATING application cycle to say the least. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

tinman831 said:
Well... I just called someone from NYU since I haven't heard from them in a while. I got a letter about 2 months ago stating that my application was "now under review by the Admissions Committee". So I thought my application was complete. BOY WAS I WRONG. After talking with someone in admissions, the person told me that they only got 1 out of 5 of my LORS (should have been sent 4 months ago) :eek: She also told me that it was the responsibility of the applicant to make sure that everything is complete (despite my letter from NYU stating that it was). :rolleyes:

So I've been sitting on my arse for 2 months and they haven't been doing ANYTHING with my application. This is GREAT. I had AADSAS resend my LORS once already. Looks like they'll be getting another request from me today. If you haven't heard from NYU in a while, you might want to give them a call. This is turning out to be a VERY AGGRAVATING application cycle to say the least. :mad:

i just called them also. the lady said my file was complete when she checked. she also said they only started reviewing apps last month and they were pretty backed up over there. should i have asked to speak to someone else maybe? now i am worried that maybe there is stuff missing from my file too.

Well, if the lady said your application is complete, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just that my LORS were submitted to AADSAS 4 months ago, and the only letter NYU received was the last LOR I submitted 3 weeks ago.

I just called AADSAS and they said that they will only resend my LORs 1 more time, and after that I am on my own :scared:

If they are backed up like they say, and they just haven't processed my LORs yet, that means they'll have 15 letters from me by the time this is all said and done :laugh:

tinman831 said:

that's pretty ridiculous. why the hell would anyone call to check if their application was complete if they received a letter from the institution SAYING that it was?... :thumbdown:

actually, if i were you, i would call nyu for a refund for being so stupid. maryland did something of a similar nature, and i called them for a refund and received the check in the mail a few weeks later. it's probably too late in the cycle anyway...by the time aadsas gets their ass together to send out the recommendations, and by the time nyu receives and organises them, it's probably really late...

furthermore, i'm not sure i would want to go to a school that did that to me..