for applicants with august scores waiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all, well i just called a bunch of schools on my list to see if we could print out online scores and mail it to them to complete our apps so they can start to review them and they said that was fine. So if you wan tto speed up your app then print out scores which are avaiable now and send away asap. Ok thoughtd is share

Members don't see this ad.

hey wallstreet, just out of curiousity, do you know which schools you called said it would be ok? thanks,
anxious
ps...were you "satisfied" with the result.....I did a little better....

Thanks for the info Dr. Wall$treet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Already sent them as of 10-4-02 1:30pmPST...

:D

But ya...which schools did you get in contact with Dr. Wall$treet?

Hey UCLAMAN,

Damn! That was quick! What did you write exactly? Did you just give them your scores or did you update them with what you have done since you submitted your application?

Thanks!!

UCLA Paratrooper

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
Already sent them as of 10-4-02 1:30pmPST...

But ya...which schools did you get in contact with Dr. Wall$treet?

i'm pretty certain the schools get the scores today anyway.

UCLA Paratrooper,

I just wrote a letter that stated I had taken the August MCAT and on the letter I included my scores. Told them that they should expect AMCAS to verify those scores this month but in an effort to expedite the processing of my application that I decided to send them a letter. I ended with "Hopefully the admissions committee will begin reviewing my file with this information."

Some people say the schools get them today. If thats true, then cool. But just in case I have these backup letters. Oh yeah then I includeda printout of the online score report. So the letter I wrote has my MCAT scores and my online score report has my scores. So they should get the scores.

I 2nd day aired a couple of the letters(onnly $3.85 anywhere in the US.) Since they will still be processed over the weekend that means about ten of the schools will get the scores on Monday. The rest were just regular mail for me and the schools should get them within the week depending on their location.

i'm pretty certain the schools get the scores today anyway.

Where are you getting your information from?

don't know where the info is from sdn? :laugh: :laugh: or maybe i'm just spreading rumors!

seriously, i read it somewhere i think. don't remember where. but if we can log in and get our scores it only makes sense that schools can log in and get our scores.

LOL...because the MCAT/AAMC people make a lot of sense and are always on time and never screw up, right?

Either way better safe than sorry.

But the scores are released online the day that AMCAS mails them out to you (and the schools, if they can't also get them electronically), right? So then why mail them out yourself to the schools too, since they'll probably get there at the same time? I could see if you overnighted all of the letters, but otherwise, I don't understand how this significantly speeds up your application.

I 2nd day aired like 10 of them. So they should be in Monday. Since its Friday then it'll be like I "overnighted" them.

I had to mail Columbia's. My friend put in a request for scores sent to NYU last month and the AAMC still hasn't sent them and he called and they told him to just fax it to them.

You're probably right it may not speed up my application significantly. But hey....like I said better safe than sorry.

My money, my application, my peace of mind.

If some of the letters get there AFTER the schools have already found my scores then hey...way to go for the system!

I 2nd day aired like 10 of them. So they should be in Monday. Since its Friday then it'll be like I "overnighted" them.

Umm...so how exactly would 2nd Day Air arrive on Monday if you sent them on Friday? (assuming you're not sending it somewhere where it'd be one day by UPS Ground anyway...)

-RA

...because the post office still processess stuff on the weekends.

Meaning people in the back of the post office are still working, postal planes are still flying and postal trucks still transport mail. Mail just doesn't get delivered on Sunday thats all. Doesn't mean the letters aren't in the air or on some postal truck being transported to cities. next time you go to the post office ask the postal worker at the desk if mail still moves on the weekend.

...because the post office still processess stuff on the weekends.

Meaning people in the back of the post office are still working, postal planes are still flying and postal trucks still transport mail. Mail just doesn't get delivered on Sunday thats all. Doesn't mean the letters aren't in the air or on some postal truck being transported to cities. next time you go to the post office ask the postal worker at the desk if mail still moves on the weekend.

Well either you misstated the shipping method or you misunderstood what 2nd Day Air means. If you sent it USPS, there is no "2nd Day Air." That's a UPS method. And UPS only counts business days (unless you pay $10 for Saturday delivery). Next time you try to be a smart@$$, know what you're talking about. :)

ok my bad...i shouldn't have referred to it as "2nd day air"....it's "priority mail" which is delivered in 1-3 days.