For DO's ant UTSouthWest, Do we HAVE to provide COMLEX scores ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SleepyTime

Midwestern Univ, Phoenix.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean I did take it and I got 94th percentile, but I am thinking I might not provide my COMLEX scores out to anyone to simplify things.

Do you think allopathic programs ask me for it even if I provide both steps of the USMLE ?
 
SleepyTime said:
I mean I did take it and I got 94th percentile, but I am thinking I might not provide my COMLEX scores out to anyone to simplify things.

Do you think allopathic programs ask me for it even if I provide both steps of the USMLE ?


You have to pass the COMLEX to practice medicine so I would go ahead and submit them.
 
SleepyTime said:
I mean I did take it and I got 94th percentile, but I am thinking I might not provide my COMLEX scores out to anyone to simplify things.

Do you think allopathic programs ask me for it even if I provide both steps of the USMLE ?


You do not HAVE to. I doubt allopathic programs will ask you to provide it if you have Step 1 & 2 already in. If your score is strong and 94th percentile sounds very strong, you have nothing to lose by submitting it along with the USMLE Steps.