For new Pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping to see how your quality of life is and how are you guys doing with finding a job?

Also, Are you worried about the amount of laon you have to pay?

And finally....if you guys could go back would you still choose Pharmacy as a profession seeing that the future might hold a glut of pharmacists?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I was hoping to see how your quality of life is and how are you guys doing with finding a job?

And finally....if you guys could go back would you still choose Pharmacy as a profession seeing that the future might hold a glut of pharmacists?

Thanks

:corny:

Hello,

Thanks
:beat:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Good, at least I don't have to worry about putting food on the table.

Yeah, but what can you do?

Oh hell no. Unless schooling wasn't 6 years, and expensive.

Thanks

reply in bold

Hello,

Thanks

I've found a retail job as a backup. Currently looking for a hospital position. Finding a retail position is fairly easy right now so long as you're able to move. A hospital job is damn near impossible right now... even staffing positions.

As for my loan, ideally I want to sink $2500-3000 a month into it... I'll have to live dirt cheap, but we'll see.

I'd still pick pharmacy over something like Med school or PA school. There's so many options with pharmacy. If you don't like retail, go to hospital. Don't like hospital? Go to nuclear, consultant, compounding, industry, independent ownership, etc..

I've found a retail job as a backup. Currently looking for a hospital position. Finding a retail position is fairly easy right now so long as you're able to move. A hospital job is damn near impossible right now... even staffing positions.

As for my loan, ideally I want to sink $2500-3000 a month into it... I'll have to live dirt cheap, but we'll see.

I'd still pick pharmacy over something like Med school or PA school. There's so many options with pharmacy. If you don't like retail, go to hospital. Don't like hospital? Go to nuclear, consultant, compounding, industry, independent ownership, etc..

Ethyl, are you looking in Orlando? Definitely checkout Orlandohealth & Florida Hospital. Both are showing several staff positions open... Also, if you are willing to move - the Villages has some positions along with HCA.

I am searching for a temp position while I wait to start with the Army... Which means PRN - seems like everyone wants a long term commitment.

I was unemployed for a few months until I found a non-retail position. I can pay all my bills with some $$ left over so life is good.

No.

Yes. I love my job. Pharmacy was the right choice for me.