For NY pharmacist regarding medicaid/medicare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icekitsune

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I have a few quick questions regarding the laws and regulations of scripts for Medicaid and Medicare. It seems there are changes but some of the pharmacist I asked had different answers so I wanted to clear this up. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

NY Medicaid: its the NY/food stamp benefit card, acceptable forms only NYS Blanks, electronics phone in, faxed of NYS blank, =. No transfers, no automatic fills, no fax backs requests. Expires in 6 months, 5 refills

Medicare B: requires specific brand of diabetic supplies, specific directions, and diagonistic code. (A pharmacist told me the date has to be on the script as well as the date next to the signature, and that it is a NYS law?) no transfers, no telephone orders, only original rx, electronic or faxed copy of NYS blank. expires in 1 year.

Let me know if I'm missing something. Also this is specific to When a patient drops off a medicare B script for strips, is there a form that is supposed to be filled out by the patient and the MD? When I was interning at different pharmacies there is a form that is filled out but at the larger chains, I don't see any forms except the patient signs the AOB form. Nothing else. Thanks, much appreciated!
 
Last edited: