For People Who Applied to ICO..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSpontaneouz83

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question, I applied to ICO and I noticed that for their pre-reqs there was a print out, in it you could also add additional science courses you took. Well I was a bio major and I added a lot of additional courses onto the list. However, in addition to completing the pre-reqs I also calculated my other courses into my total science GPA...was I supposed to do that? It brought down my GPA but barely put me over a 3.0. with like 7-8 additional courses. Was I supposed to average ALL the courses on that sheet for the total science GPA or simply the pre-reqs they ask for?

Thanks.
 
I'm almost positive that you did it right. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I know for most schools they want your total science GPA.
 
Thanks for the reply. Yea, I figured I'd call the school. Well, for any of you who are considering applying to ICO....you actually DO calculate all additional courses into your total science GPA.

Good Luck Applicants