For people who got into tuft

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
For those of you who got into tuft, did you guys all sent in 1 letter of rec from bio prof and 1 from chemistry prof. Is biochem bio or chem? How serious and strict are they about this letter requiremnet?

ALI

Members don't see this ad.

When I went to my interview they asked me for a letter from another science professor. I gave them a letter from a general bio professor and a physics professor. As well as one from a dentist and one from a professor I did research with. I got in so I don't know how strict they are about the chem letter.

I had one letter from Biochem Professor, under whom I researched for 2 years. One from a Physics professor, and one from a Microbiology Professor.I doubt it if they are very strict about the letters. If you need any other info. I will be happy to share it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ali,

Tufts is very strict about the letter requirements.

You must get:
1 letter from biological sciences professor
1 letter from physical sciences (physics, biochem and chem) professor.
1 from outside source (dentists, research, etc.)

I had to get an additional letter from my old chem professor even though I already gave them 5 good letters. So get your letters if you want to get into Tufts!

Bruin2K

I had 2 letters from bio professors and 1 from a chem professor. I have already received my acceptance letter. Is it possible they would still want another letter from an outside source?

Sarah
I doubt it, if they will ask you for another letter, as you have already gotten accepted with whatever credentials you gave them before. I hope to see you in Boston this Aug then....
Viraj

Hi everyone
thanks for all the input

Im going to apply this summer
I am working on my letter of rec right now