1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

For people who got into tuft

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Feb 26, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi everyone
    For those of you who got into tuft, did you guys all sent in 1 letter of rec from bio prof and 1 from chemistry prof. Is biochem bio or chem? How serious and strict are they about this letter requiremnet?

ALI

2. sanara

sanara Member
    7+ Year Member

When I went to my interview they asked me for a letter from another science professor. I gave them a letter from a general bio professor and a physics professor. As well as one from a dentist and one from a professor I did research with. I got in so I don't know how strict they are about the chem letter.

3. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I had one letter from Biochem Professor, under whom I researched for 2 years. One from a Physics professor, and one from a Microbiology Professor.I doubt it if they are very strict about the letters. If you need any other info. I will be happy to share it.

4. Bruin2k

Bruin2k Member
    7+ Year Member

Ali,

Tufts is very strict about the letter requirements.

You must get:
    1 letter from biological sciences professor
    1 letter from physical sciences (physics, biochem and chem) professor.
    1 from outside source (dentists, research, etc.)

I had to get an additional letter from my old chem professor even though I already gave them 5 good letters. So get your letters if you want to get into Tufts!

Bruin2K

5. sarahs

sarahs Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had 2 letters from bio professors and 1 from a chem professor. I have already received my acceptance letter. Is it possible they would still want another letter from an outside source?

6. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sarah
    I doubt it, if they will ask you for another letter, as you have already gotten accepted with whatever credentials you gave them before. I hope to see you in Boston this Aug then....
    Viraj

7. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi everyone
    thanks for all the input

Im going to apply this summer
    I am working on my letter of rec right now