For people who interviewed at Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading up on the Pitt interview in the interview forum area of SDN and it makes me nervous about the part of the interview where they ask you what other schools you applied to. Can anyone elaborate on this and the reply they give you when you tell them? Is there some special answer they're happier with? I'm applying next year and just wondering...

Members don't see this ad.

MiesVanDerMom said:
I was reading up on the Pitt interview in the interview forum area of SDN and it makes me nervous about the part of the interview where they ask you what other schools you applied to. Can anyone elaborate on this and the reply they give you when you tell them? Is there some special answer they're happier with? I'm applying next year and just wondering...

Some advice from someone who's gone through the process...
1. Wait until you get a secondary to start worrying about this.
2. Actually, wait until you get an interview to start worrying about this.
3. Well, actually, don't worry about it at all...tell the truth. I got the impression Dr. Curtiss could sniff out a chump a mile away.

I was pretty straight up with them-- where I was in, and then that I had a few where the jury was still out. I have no idea what they want to hear with that question-- and the shroud of secrecy people seem to want to keep about it doesnt make sense to me either, so I just put my cards on the table. And then of course said, I would trade it all for Pitt....

Members don't see this ad :)
MiesVanDerMom said:

I was never asked this question on my interview.

However if I had, I know what I would have said: the truth. Pitt wants people of character.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't mean to imply I was going to lie. I'm actually the world's worst liar. I'm just in an unusual situation and I don't want Pitt to think I'm crazy. Someone in their interview report implied this part of the interview was unpleasant. I guess I was just hoping for some reassurance.

tell the truth. if asked where u applied, say something like "i applied to medical schools in major urban areas to get a sense of the wide array of patient cases". If they asked you where you have interviewed so far, tell them. It's not your fault that you have other interviews. :p