For-profit vs. non-profit

Started by 2017DPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2017DPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if the quality of education is affected by whether a school is for-profit or not. I have read some reviews from unhappy students coming out of for-profit schools. I was wondering if anybody had some insight. Anything would be greatly appreciated!
 
Where I'm from, the largest private medical school somewhere in East Africa, there is a tendency of admitting large numbers of students yet they have specific numbers they require at each stage as you progesss.

So large-scale culling using methods such as undermarking etc is not an uncommon phenomenon you may find at for profit medical schools.

That alone gives you an insight on the quality.