For students interested in Family Practice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willamette

Good with a bo-staff
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You might think about becoming a student member of the AAFP. It's really cheap ($15), and you get a subscription to their journal. I attend a school with a PBL pathway, and every issue had something that was pertinent to what we were studying at the time.

Also, their website is a pretty good source of (free) review articles on all sorts of medical topics.

Even if you don't want to subscribe, check out the link to the Virtual Family Medicine Interest Group:

http://fmignet.aafp.org/

Have Fun!

Willamette

Members don't see this ad.

The previous post now contains the updated link...check it out!

Willamette

:thumbup:

I just become a member of the AAFP. The American Family Physician is a great journal, it has articles about things that are relevant to outpatient family practice (asthma, hypertension,etc.) and the articles are very easy to understand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the subscription online or do they send you a paper copy via mail?

PTP said:
Is the subscription online or do they send you a paper copy via mail?

BOTH actually! I get a copy of the mag in my email a few days before the paper one comes in the mail. You also have access to the online version of "Annals of Family Medicine" as well as emailed copies of "Family Practice Management." It's a GREAT deal, and they're great sources of information.

Willamette