For the accepted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maxip

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys handling this? For me, its become something of a burden, in that I can't stop thinking about med school. Its purely out of excitement and anticipation, but its really starting to annoy me. I've known since Fall, which was truly a mixed blessing; I've had 6 months to think about it, and I still have 3 1/2 months left before I start!

Anyways, I've become a bit obsessed with the whole idea, hence posting on SDN at 2:15 am. Anyone else feeling this way?

Members don't see this ad.

I've actually (successfully) tried to forgot about the fact that I'm going to med school in September so I can really relax and enjoy the months I have left before the crazy studying starts. I've been hitting the gym a lot which really clears my mind. You could try that. Other things you could try:

Drinking, fun reading, video games, movies, napping during the day, etc. (Basically all the stuff we couldn't do as premeds) :D

Well, I've done all of those things... especially the drinking. Doesn't seem to help. Now all I do is get drunk and talk about medical school. :laugh:

Any other tips?

Members don't see this ad :)
The only cure is withdrawing your acceptance(s). This will relieve your stress. :D

Maxip said:
Well, I've done all of those things... especially the drinking. Doesn't seem to help. Now all I do is get drunk and talk about medical school. :laugh:

Any other tips?

Maybe go into cryogenic stasis until August/September. I'm sure you haven't tried that. :laugh:

Get a job. Bosses have a way of numbing your mind.

Yeah.....I feel the exact same way. I want to get to med school so bad that it's ruining my life. I don't think and/or care about much of anything else. Just a few more months to go........................................

I've kind of forgotten about it until recently. I have to start looking for somewhere to live next year, which has reintroduced the thought into my mind. I'm excited and anxious about starting med school, but I'm looking forward to getting settled. There is also the added stress of waitlists.

you have to take advantage of this time, because once med school starts things get just a little hectic. think about all the hard work you have put in, not only over the past year during the application cycle, but the last 4 years of college. you have earned a break. travel, exercise, whatever you truly enjoy doing, do it recklessly.

seriously, you earned the right to screw around for a few months. med school is fantastic and i have enjoyed it, but a few months of pure freedom should be taken advantage of.

one bit of advice: chill. just relax. then relax during may, june, and july. First of august when medical school starts then you can pick it up a little, but don't work too hard. Remember, medical school IS NOT a job. Nobody is paying you anything and you aren't working for anyone. Make it a fun three months....and a fun four years in general!!

WyldeWolf1 said:
Get a job. Bosses have a way of numbing your mind.

Truer words were never spoken. :thumbup: :laugh:

Alexander99 said:
Maybe go into cryogenic stasis until August/September. I'm sure you haven't tried that. :laugh:
I wish I could do this! I'm so restless to start med school. And the job thing doesn't help, I AM SO READY TO MOVE ON!!!!

I'm going batty.....

I graduated in December, so it is even worse for me. I have spent the last several months working about 30 hours a week and just hanging out. I've been relaxing a lot, marathon training, took up the classical guitar, reading, playing video games....but I am sooo ready to start med school. I'm still living where I did in undergrad, but it gets boring since I was a 5th year senior and nearly all of my close friends graduated and are off in grad school or working. I'm going out of my mind here.

August can't come soon enough!!!! :eek: :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: :laugh: me too happy, sad, bored, or not i talk about med school or related issues.

lol

lame

Maxip said:

Any other tips?

That website is awesome! It seems extremely helpful. I will have to make note of it for future use in gross anatomy....

I know, that is why I have been watching these. Hopefully it will make the actual class a bit more agreeable. I think the dissection of the eye is really going to freak me out. :eek: :scared:

Amy B said:
I know, that is why I have been watching these. Hopefully it will make the actual class a bit more agreeable. I think the dissection of the eye is really going to freak me out. :eek: :scared:

There won't be an eye. There will be a milky-white sack with almost no morphology.

Just wait until the rectal probing and the perineal dissections :thumbup: :laugh: Or taking the chiesel to the frontal bone...or a laminectomy

I'm watching that one right now, actually. Fascinating...

His voice is very interesting...makes me think of yoda or something...

Great Site Amy! Bookmarked it. Thanx!

Well, you've answered my question lol. Since this thread turned into a medical school review course for incoming med students, I can conclude that we're all pretty hung up on starting medical school. Thanks!