1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

For the umpteenth time....AAMC really?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by medicin, Aug 3, 2006.

1. medicin

medicin Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

To all my MCAT peeps,

i feel a lot more confident when im doing AAMC exams versus the Kaplan ones (especially the PS sections). My scores are 1 point higher on the PS section with AAMCs than the Kaplan - everything else is the same.

what do you suggest I do wrt practice tests. Ive done AAMC 4, 6, 7 already, and plan on doing 2 more (choice between 5, 8, 9) and then 5 Kaplans (7, 8, 9, 10, 11).

Is it worth doing one more AAMC versus Kaplan or vice versa? I just feel like **** after doing the Kaplan test - especially the PS section. For me, its very much a mental battle from here on in, you know?

anwyays, any advice is appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Kaplan's PS sections are notoriously more difficult than the real thing.

They are excellent practice. Doing them will expose you to pretty much anything that might come your way on the actual exam.

But they are not a good way to realistically assess your likely performance. AAMC exams are much better in that regard.

4. UMP

UMP Recovered Under-Achiever
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    so is umpteen kind of like me+10 ? :laugh:

:rolleyes:

I second what molly said btw