SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

For the Vets- "peaking" ideas

Discussion in 'Step I' started by westernmed007, May 15, 2008.

1. westernmed007

westernmed007 2+ Year Member

May 21, 2007
    Hello all:
    I have my test date about 2 weeks after I end scheduled reviews (I.E. I finish my final subject review and will have 2 weeks of pure FA, I read kinda slow and have alot of notes in it so I figure with 2 weeks I could get through it twice.) Anyways, do you think this is too long a time? I am worried that I might peak after like 9 days or so and then my knowledge will start to decrease and actually be lower by the time I take the test. Veterans of STEP1, what is your experience with this? Did you feel a "peak"? Did you feel like you kept ramping up till the end? Did you plateau and stay there? or did you decrease?
    Just wondering, thanks for any help you can give me.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. wacky96

May 2, 2008
    Come on folks..lets give them man some advice..surely someone has an opinion
  4. westernmed007

westernmed007 2+ Year Member

May 21, 2007
    Please those of you who have taken this test how did you feel about peaking?

(on a side note did you have drawings of the brainstems on your test? those on Qbank are a bi---)
  5. lord_jeebus

lord_jeebus 和魂洋才 Moderator Physician 10+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2003
    I don't think I peaked but I felt like the last few days were a plateau.

I think that it is possible to peak if your schedule is too long and strenuous. If your gut says your schedule is too long, perhaps you should shorten it.