for those in/starting PCOM biomed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daywalker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you in/starting PCOM biomed, or any other biomed for that matter I am wondering about your MCAT scores. I know not everyone in biomed wants to go to med school, but for those of you who do....What did you get on your MCAT? I have taken the MCAT once, got a 20 and am taking them again in August...I expect a few points higher, but now I'm not so sure. I am starting PCOM's biomed program, and wondering if I get stellar grades if I still have a chance of getting into medschool with lower MCAT scores. I have good grades and EC's, but am having trouble with the MCAT...Any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

daywalker said:
for those of you in/starting PCOM biomed, or any other biomed for that matter I am wondering about your MCAT scores. I know not everyone in biomed wants to go to med school, but for those of you who do....What did you get on your MCAT? I have taken the MCAT once, got a 20 and am taking them again in August...I expect a few points higher, but now I'm not so sure. I am starting PCOM's biomed program, and wondering if I get stellar grades if I still have a chance of getting into medschool with lower MCAT scores. I have good grades and EC's, but am having trouble with the MCAT...Any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

To answer your question...a 33. I've gotta recommend the Exam Crackers set of books. I spent about 3 months leisurely going through these, then the last 2-3 weeks prior to the MCATs I did nothing but study and work (luckily I work in EMS, so I could study at work). I think I had a big advantage by being out of school already, so I didn't have to worry about studying for anything else. My other cheat is that I was a chem major in undergrad...that helped alot.

Another little tidbit I've learned from past biomeds that you might like to hear: Supposedly, your chances of getting into the DO program are pretty decent if you get a 3.00 or better in the biomed. Best of luck, study away! I'll see ya Monday at 4:30

Hello, MBS I at KCOM. I got a 28 and didn't want a year off between undergrad and med school. The guys/girls who just matriculated to the class of 2010 from the masters program here at KCOM had 20-23 on their MCAT. I would ask the admissions committe about the need for a retake, and see how you do in the masters program before you decide. You shouldn't retake the test if you don't have to.

Good luck

I'm having the same problem as you...I'm in the PCOM Biomed. Program in GA. I just don't know if I will have enought time to study for the Jan. 07 MCAT w/ these grad. classes. I was thinking about staying another year for the Master's program.