1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

for those in/starting PCOM biomed...

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by daywalker, Aug 13, 2006.

1. daywalker

daywalker Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    for those of you in/starting PCOM biomed, or any other biomed for that matter I am wondering about your MCAT scores. I know not everyone in biomed wants to go to med school, but for those of you who do....What did you get on your MCAT? I have taken the MCAT once, got a 20 and am taking them again in August...I expect a few points higher, but now I'm not so sure. I am starting PCOM's biomed program, and wondering if I get stellar grades if I still have a chance of getting into medschool with lower MCAT scores. I have good grades and EC's, but am having trouble with the MCAT...Any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. roberts36

roberts36 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

To answer your question...a 33. I've gotta recommend the Exam Crackers set of books. I spent about 3 months leisurely going through these, then the last 2-3 weeks prior to the MCATs I did nothing but study and work (luckily I work in EMS, so I could study at work). I think I had a big advantage by being out of school already, so I didn't have to worry about studying for anything else. My other cheat is that I was a chem major in undergrad...that helped alot.

Another little tidbit I've learned from past biomeds that you might like to hear: Supposedly, your chances of getting into the DO program are pretty decent if you get a 3.00 or better in the biomed. Best of luck, study away! I'll see ya Monday at 4:30

4. rddoms

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello, MBS I at KCOM. I got a 28 and didn't want a year off between undergrad and med school. The guys/girls who just matriculated to the class of 2010 from the masters program here at KCOM had 20-23 on their MCAT. I would ask the admissions committe about the need for a retake, and see how you do in the masters program before you decide. You shouldn't retake the test if you don't have to.

Good luck

5. drjds

drjds Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm having the same problem as you...I'm in the PCOM Biomed. Program in GA. I just don't know if I will have enought time to study for the Jan. 07 MCAT w/ these grad. classes. I was thinking about staying another year for the Master's program.