For those interested in U. Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainaNoelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just met with Clarice Fooks (director of admissions at UC) yesterday, and wanted to update you all on some info I was told. She is a *great* lady btw...very friendly, open and quite nice. She also has a great sense of humor about this whole AMCAS screw up and was quite enjoyable to talk to. :)

The application status page for UC will NOT be used this year...it was put up, then Ms. Fooks was notified, and she *immediately* told them to remove it. Unfortunately that meant that they removed the *link* to the page, but didn't remove the page itself, so those of us with it bookmarked are wasting our time checking it constantly and getting a "still processing...check back in a few days" message. Hopefully they will put up a note saying that the page will not be available this year now that she knows there are those of us with access still checking it.

Regarding interviews, she said that they are running at least a month behind this year. She said that usually they have completed interviews by the end of February, but this year she anticipates them not finishing until at least the end of March, perhaps early April. She also mentioned that they go purely by the numbers for their initial screening for interviews. She said they go right down the list...top MCATs/top GPAs and invite them, and work their way down the list. I was hoping they would at least take a look at other factors from the online app before making those kinds of decisions, but oh well.

For those that are curious, the average MCAT scores/GPAs for the 2001 entering class were as follows: VR 9.6 - 9.7, PS 10.1, BS 10.2, Total GPA 3.54, Sciences GPS 3.49 - 3.5.

Ms. Fooks did state that they are very open to non-traditional students, and said the biggest problem they have is recruitment of them. She said they have one gentleman in the entering 2001 class who is 51-52 years old (she couldn't remember exactly).

Hope this info is helpful to some of you! :)

Raina

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you Raina! I'm wondering about their interview criteria though, cuz my average is mostly above theirs....here's to the fruits of patience! :)

That's strange that you were told the application status page will not be used this year, because I just checked my status, and it has info on it (an interview date).

Members don't see this ad :)
westsidespartan: im glad you checked, cuz i just checked, and i have a date too...out of curiosity, what date do you have? mines 12/17.

im gonna call the office and check this out too.

i just checked with an admissions person, and they have indeed been trying to update the status checks. Those dates are right, and the invitations were mailed out yesterday. Good luck westsidespartan :)

what is the link for that status check !!

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/statuscheck.htm" target="_blank">Here</a> is the link to a page of status checks. However, U of Cincinnati does not seem to be working at the moment.

Originally posted by mpp:
•<a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/statuscheck.htm" target="_blank">Here</a> is the link to a page of status checks. However, U of Cincinnati does not seem to be working at the moment.•••

actually the URL changed. rainaoelle was sweet enough to post it a long while ago, but no one picked it up :) . Here it is:

<a href="http://comdows.med.uc.edu/OnlineApp/loginstatus.asp" target="_blank">University of Cincinnati Status Check</a>

Resident and Rainnoelle-sweethearts.
Thanks for posting that link to UC that I didn't know existed. Thanks to you I have just discovered that I have been accepted to U of Cincinnati!!
Resident--you interviewed at OSU didn't you? What did you think?
I hope you get an interview at UC--it utterly charmed me. It had the warmest and friendliest family feeling of all the 3 med schools I've interviewed at thus far. The medical complex was also quite impressive. The only thing I'm wary about is their match list. It is much more locally concentrated than OSU's and I am really looking toward an East or West coast residency.

Resident Alien - mine's 12/11. Luck to you too.

Originally posted by quaileggs:
•Resident and Rainnoelle-sweethearts.
Thanks for posting that link to UC that I didn't know existed. Thanks to you I have just discovered that I have been accepted to U of Cincinnati!!
Resident--you interviewed at OSU didn't you? What did you think?
I hope you get an interview at UC--it utterly charmed me. It had the warmest and friendliest family feeling of all the 3 med schools I've interviewed at thus far. The medical complex was also quite impressive. The only thing I'm wary about is their match list. It is much more locally concentrated than OSU's and I am really looking toward an East or West coast residency.•••

quail: yes, i interviewed at OSU, and had a lot of good feelings about them, till they put me in the coveted alternate list :( . (Their letter is very ambiguous, to hurt matters...they tell you that you are on the list, yet P.S. the letter and tell me im this and that and they like me bla bla)

Cincy's invite came at a time when other ohio schools are finally getting back to me...so OSU can kiss my butt....for now :D

and congratulations on the acceptance!!!! Keep knocking em all. :cool:

Now, I'm really confused. Is their status check working or not? I keep logging in and I get a message w/ that reads my name and your status check is listed below and the rest of the screen is blank. Arggh!!!

Hey, I have an interview there on 12/11 as well. This status check must be lucky! That makes two interviews and an acceptance, I think.

Originally posted by Suz177:
•Now, I'm really confused. Is their status check working or not? I keep logging in and I get a message w/ that reads my name and your status check is listed below and the rest of the screen is blank. Arggh!!!•••

It is working, for some. They said they are trying to get it up all right...but are having difficulties with it. Best to call them...they will know.

Ugh! Well so much for my up-to-date info, huh? :rolleyes: I guess things changed after I spoke with Clarice.

Congrats quaileggs on your acceptance!!! :D That's a heck of a way to find out, huh? :)

Also congrats to resident and westside on your interviews!!! :D I guess those high averages paid off resident. :) Hopefully I'll be joining you both soon as an interviewee. First I've got to find out why they say they don't have my MCAT scores though... :confused: I took it in Aug. but I'd have thought they'd have them by now.

Raina

(excuse any typos...I'm holding my new sweet baby girl in one hand and pecking this out with my other ;) )

Originally posted by rainanoelle:
•congrats to resident and westside on your interviews!!! :D I guess those high averages paid off resident. :) Hopefully I'll be joining you both soon as an interviewee. First I've got to find out why they say they don't have my MCAT scores though... :confused: I took it in Aug. but I'd have thought they'd have them by now.

Raina
•••

Well, my average isnt really that much higher than theirs, esp. the VR section (its actually lower than the average at all schools i applied to, save a few. its that low :) ), but i guess it didnt matter, for now :D

Hoping the best for you! :)

For all of you UC applicants who haven't heard anything- Keep checking the status check. I did and found out that they are missing two of my letters of recommendation, but that I have also received an interview for 1-08. I am so excited about the interview!!!