For those interviewed at Downstate in Feb...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Chiquita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you guys heard anything, yet? They are awfully slooooow. :( I know it hasn't been 6~8 weeks yet, which seem to be the turnaround time for Downstate. Still, I would appreciate any info!

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

HI!

Yes i interviewed in late Feb but i haven't heard anything either. I'm quite anxious. when i had asked the dean of admissions how long it would take, he said it was arounda 10 week lag.... so it might even be longer than we think.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed a little over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

hey-

i interviewed in the middle of JANUARY and i still havent heard anything. its been almost exactly 8 weeks now (although i havent been able to check my mail in the past week because of spring break, so i could have something waiting.) i'm pretty sure that our group was told 6-10 weeks, so i could have even a longer wait. try not to get too anxious... worrying doesnt help anything.

I interviewed in late Feb and haven't heard yet either.

I interviewed in early Feb too. Still haven't heard anything.
:-\

Mid-February here. They said that we'd hear in 6 to 8 weeks, I guess that this is about 4, so I'd expect to hear sometime at the end of this month to mid-April. I may call in about a week or so and I'll give you an update.

Any news since I've been gone for spring break...?

i interviewed mid-Jan and they said they sent out my decision at the beginning of March even though I haven't got it yet! And they wont tell me over the phone so I have to wait for them to send me another copy! Blah! But they should be making decision on you guys who interviewed in Feb soon.

I interviewed early Feb and got a response...

Members don't see this ad :)
Called today and was reminded that it would take about 10 weeks to get a decision (so I'm probably looking at late April, although I had a friend who was accepted from there within 2 weeks a couple of years back). Fumoffu, if you don't mind telling, did you get a straight acceptance or waitlist? I was told during my interview that I was interviewing for a waitlist spot, which surprisingly was not true at the other state schools I interviewed at.

EDIT: On "hold" at Downstate *adding to pile of waitlist letters*

i interviewed there in feb- the 24th actually and i got a response in exactly 5 weeks- wait list. BLAH!

Does anyone know if their wait list is ranked? I know i was told that i was interviewing for a waitlist spot so is this a good thing or a bad thing- anyone know about wait list movement here??

Fumoffu
did you get an acceptance or a waitlist- sorry to ask but i'm wondering if they were truthful when they told us that we'd be interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Another infamous "hold" here. :( It seems like last year, they were giving out "high priority list" and those people ultimately got in. Did anyone get a high priority list? This sucks a$$!

no. - it just said hold.
did you?

Ordinary "hold" here as well. The wording in the letter does not sound that promising - "We generally establish who to put on our alternate list by late June". The h*ll with that. I'm pulling out early.

I interviewed sometime december, recieved my hold early feb

trying to keep this thread alive.

does anyone know if downstate has a high priority hold list???

have no Feb interviewees received acceptances??

I was there on the 25th of Feb, still no word.

How's their waitlist movement, anyway?