For those keeping score...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my ECU interview, and I loved it. And for those of you keeping score...

I wore a skirt suit (only b/c my pant suit needs to be altered).
I wore my hair up, and went easy on the jewlery.
I handwrote my secondary.
I stapled my photograph.
I brought in a list of typed questions.
I will be mailing my handwritten thank-you notes tomorrow.

I think that covers it...:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

this makes me feel a little better about the secondaries i wrote in crayon and magic marker, and my chippendales getup i will be wearing to my interviews :) :)

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
I just got back from my ECU interview, and I loved it. And for those of you keeping score...

I stapled my photograph.

Now that's a great post. :D

So, did you have a purse? Or did you take a notebook? What about shoes? How high were your heels? ;)

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm disappointed, DW... I thought you did your secondaries in invisible ink!!!

But I do think that the chippendales get up will make an impression at your Cornell interview...;) :D

But I do think that the chippendales get up will make an impression at your Cornell interview...;) :D

I think the interviewers at Cornell actually keep dollar bills on hand for such an event...or so I've heard... ;)

-RA

Originally posted by Random Access

So, did you have a purse? Or did you take a notebook? What about shoes? How high were your heels? ;)

1-inch heels (which was good b/c the elevators were being repaired and I was climbing LOTS of stairs-- 4th floor admissions office, had an interview on the 8th floor...)
-purse AND portfolio-- purse was large enough to put portfolio in, thus freeing up my hands at lunch
-photo was neither "passport" nor "wallet" size exactly-- it was a posed picture my mom took of me on our deck that i cut to fit.

Anything else? I really think that the purse/portfolio combination really impressed my interviewers...;)

1-inch heels (which was good b/c the elevators were being repaired and I was climbing LOTS of stairs-- 4th floor admissions office, had an interview on the 8th floor...)

Waaait! 8th floor on the left side of the building or the right side of the building? :)

-RA

Congrats sweet tea!! :clap: I like your first post too. ;)

This is the best new thread in quite a while! :D

the mosy important question is did you wear a thong or regular panies... ? :laugh:

just kidding.. good luck to you!

I stapled my photograph.

Oh! I want to play!

clothes: navy blue skirt-suit with off-white blouse
hair: down (only comes down to about 3 inches below my ears)
jewlery: only wedding ring, earrings, and watch
secondary: all were typed
photos: some glued, some stapled
prep: read USnews, school website, PR, and AMSAR
thank you notes: send out e-mails
shoes: small platform
purse: none... left bookbag at reception desk (took a leather portfolio in)

class is done early, so i wanna add on :)!

clothes: black skirt suit, cream silk shell
hair: it's long, so i straightened it and clipped some of it back with a silver barette
jewlery: watch, necklace (silver ball on a chain) and silver ball studs
secondary: all were typed
photos: 1 stapled, 1 taped, the rest glued (this one, i didn't send a photo in...just brought it with me!)
prep: called some students at the school (friends or friends of friends), talked to some SDNers who go there, read the website, and did a mock interview at school
thank you notes: sent out handwritten card
shoes: low-heeled Enzo loafers... very simple and sleek...nude hose
purse: brought a medium purse and a leather folder. didn't use anything in my bag except for a pen, breathmints and cash (train fare)... i came up with questions on the train ride over and just memorized them

:) :) :)

Originally posted by immediatespring
what's ECU?

Eastern Carolina University... It's in Greenville, NC, and is the #1 med school for family practice. It ranks pretty high in primary care...

-RA

oh c'mon now... it's EAST Carolina University. Not to be confused with WestERN Carolina University in Cuhlowhee, NC. sheesh...:rolleyes:

hahaha-- just trying to be as anal as possible. :laugh: