For those of us get accepted, what next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harveyking

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all you guys. I just got in UIC college of medicine. I am 100% sure that I will be attending at UIC this fall. I have just filed my FAFSA electronically. What do i suppose to do next. It seems that the first step didn't require me to estimate the total amount of the tuition.

Correct me if I am wrong. Are the following thing will happen in order?

1.file FAFSA with our pin(done)
2.FAFSA processed the file and send the financial package to UIC.
3.UIC financial dept. redirect the whole package and sent it to us.(mid-March?)
4.We got the award letter with the orientation instructions?
5.Then what?

Thank you guys for helping me to understand this long process.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry for the duplicate post.

start studying for USMLE I...duh

Members don't see this ad :)
start studying for USMLE I...duh

The kid asks a perfectly normal question and you reply with that...man. I hope you were joking. There are some real jackasses on this site.

The kid asks a perfectly normal question and you reply with that...man. I hope you were joking. There are some real jackasses on this site.
I second that.

Third. It's almost silly how many people need to get ignored. They don't get classified as trolls, but they are just so full of themselves it's incredible.

Actually makes me worried about my future classmates/co-workers.

Third. It's almost silly how many people need to get ignored. They don't get classified as trolls, but they are just so full of themselves it's incredible.

Actually makes me worried about my future classmates/co-workers.

A troll is someone who just starts and/or picks fights with people on here?

Relax. You finally made it. All of your hard work and stress has finally paid off. ENJOY your summer as you see fit. If you are into travelling, going to the beach, or whatever... do what YOU like to do. This is in addition to the list you made.

get a cushy summer job that pays really well and enjoy the calm before the storm.

get a cushy summer job that pays really well and enjoy the calm before the storm.

please elaborate on these cushy well-paying summer jobs...especially if you have good ideas for ones in CT!

please elaborate on these cushy well-paying summer jobs...especially if you have good ideas for ones in CT!

Well, if you can get something with academics you are usually pretty golden....I get paid 14 bucks an hour as a teaching assistant of sorts...only thing thing is that I do NOTHING each week..I made copies the first week, and I created a listserv. Still get 20 hours a week though. Tutoring can be pretty lucrative if you meet the right people as well....I got paid 15-20 an hour for that, and the parents would invite me out to meals...and I actually got offered a trip to europe if I watched over the kids. (All middle-school age). I was also offered a job for 30 dollars an hour....but it was somewhat questionable and involved 3 hours of driving everyday. I'll just say it was similar to a glorified bouncer. Those are my suggestions. If you have anything you love to do, and are good at...search out that stuff. You don't make much money but I have had friends that just taught sailing all summer, or were camp counselors and got to take kids rock-climbing and hiking in mountains..all that fun stuff.

You can start to think about housing and health insurance options.

You're accepted - time to party ;) FAFSA, Financial Aid, these words make no sense to me. I'll wiki them come July

Start searching for apartments/houses/condos, and making a list of any house appliances/furniture you will need. If you need to buy a car, add that to the list.

I'm getting stressed over that already, the thought of moving is too horrible. :scared: I hate moving.

Wow, so many people are preparing for this upcoming fall. I am very excited and trying to get things done ASAP and have a nice one-month break. Then, may be get started to hook up with an anatomy book and start to rock.:scared: :laugh:

Best wishes for all you guys.

Life is so good for now, but too short before a medical storm.:love:

Isn't the next step to decide what school you'll be attending? Or is this a foregone conclusion for most at this point?