for those of us with lower stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psu17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone out there with lower stats has gotten accepted, please post your stats and where you got accepted here!

The thread at the top of the page where everyone posts their stats is so discouraging and depressing for those of us who don't have 3.8 - 4.0 GPAs and a 1300-1400 on the GRE :(

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have stellar grades when I was applying. If you read all the GPA thread then odds are you came across mine already. I had overall 3.3 and 3.0 prereq. I studied my ass off for the GRE and think I did pretty well. But what I think really helped was spending a lot of time on my essays, going into the writing center on campus. Its the one place you can set yourself apart and tell the application committee why they should take YOU.

Just remember that almost every applicant wants to help people, loves working with movement and likely has had some injury that lead them to PT. Think of something that makes you different.

Oh, and you wanted to know where I got in. Regis U, Shenandoah, and I'm currently at MGH Institute of Health Professions. I love it hear and have so far achieved a 4.0, goes to show that undergrad grades don't predict graduate work.

Also, if you are worried, apply to schools that interview and ones that aren't on PTCAS. The former will look more at you as a whole person and not as a numerical calculation and the latter don't receive as many apps, so you're more likely to receive a closer look.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

I agree on the insanely high GRE scores. I'm hoping when I take mine yet again I will get into the 1100s.... I'd die for a score of 1300-1400!!