For those of you checking your scores online...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

specialk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you checking your scores online:
Is it just me, or are some of YOUR friends irritated that you're checking your scores online? I've got friends who "refuse" to participate in AAMC's "rip-off" and are all over me about it. I mean, I understand what they're saying, but I just don't see the need to wait a couple of weeks and to run out and check the mail every day. Are any of you guys getting crap for being anxious?

Members don't see this ad.

I have some friends that are acting like that. Though I will admit that I do think it is another way for the AAMC to rip us off, I feel as if it is my money and if I want to "waste" it to relieve my anxiety, it is my choice!

I just hope that I am not disappointed!:(

It is true it is a rip off, but what is another $15 dollars after you have already spent $180 for the test in addition to test prep ($1200 for Kaplan or whatever....). I am not sure I will have the guts to check it though.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have got some of the same comments. Most people who say that don't want to check online end up doing so- if you know the scores are up you are bound to check even for the $15. Yeah, I agree its just to make money...but what can we do....

Originally posted by specialk
For those of you checking your scores online:
Is it just me, or are some of YOUR friends irritated that you're checking your scores online? I've got friends who "refuse" to participate in AAMC's "rip-off" and are all over me about it. I mean, I understand what they're saying, but I just don't see the need to wait a couple of weeks and to run out and check the mail every day. Are any of you guys getting crap for being anxious?

I had some friends who acted the same way for the april MCAT. Something about not wanting to play AAMC's game, raging against the machine and whatever other nonsense they could think of. Turns out most of them were full of it.

Example I call up a friend after I got my scores online and asked if she did. She said no because it was stupid to pay an extra 15 dollars for something she was going to get anyway. I asked if she thought she did well. She said she thought so. Then I asked her what she was doing next week. Her response "Studying for the Augest MCAT"
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I had a friend today get on to me for being so anxious. Then he was like, "I really don't care what I get. It's not a big deal." So I asked him if he was checking his score online tomorrow and he said "Yeah I'm gonna check. But I really don't care." Why can't folks just admit that they're worried about it too? I know I am.