For those secondaries, asking what you did after you graduated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzzcor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are one year out and haven't done much after you graduated (graduated in early May and it's only July), how much should I take these questions seriously? Should I just simply write about what I have continued doing? is it worth saying what I am planning to do??

Members don't see this ad.

If you are one year out and haven't done much after you graduated (graduated in early May and it's only July), how much should I take these questions seriously? Should I just simply write about what I have continued doing? is it worth saying what I am planning to do??

You are not "one year out" if you graduated in early may. I am one year out and i graduated in June 2011. I don't think the question applies to you but I could be wrong.

You are not "one year out" if you graduated in early may. I am one year out and i graduated in June 2011. I don't think the question applies to you but I could be wrong.

For most schools the question has been something along the lines of "If you are not a full-time student in the 2012-2013 school year or have already graduated then explain what you have done/what you will be doing."

I just graduated in June and I have just been explaining what I have been doing since graduation(working & some continuing volunteer projects) and put a brief line or 2 about my plans for the upcoming year(tentative but I figured it couldn't hurt to give them an idea of what my plans were). I would definitely include what you have continued and your plans. I am sure they understand that plans may change.

I wrote down what my plans were for the upcoming year. It came up in interviews.